• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My first terrain: Dranei living place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Do you like it? Any suggestion? It's my first terrain...
attachment.php

Attachments

• Terrain.jpg
    Terrain.jpg
    791.8 KB · Views: 344
MEH, please remove the whole "End of the World" effect by either extending the map bounds (if you made it on the end) or extending the cameras far Z by Ctrl Scroll Ball on your mouse so that the distances doesn't get clipped away to nothingness.

Other then that the focal point looks pretty good though its kinda devoid of life, you got like 2 draenei (EDIT: lol, these guys are hard to see with the fog. Still, you need more action going on, I doubt everyones going to be in the same spot at one time) in whats supposed to be a village/camp thing. The terrain looks a little jagged in some areas but not that bad or noticable. You did use a good variation of doodads around though you neglected putting anything on the hill right outside the village. I don't particularly like how that bridge doesn't look naturally meshed in with the land but thats hard to avoid.

Its overall good, just needs some more work. Also I would suggest a bigger bonefire thing, a small crater with smoke isn't all that impressive or tribal (whatever sort of look you were going for here).

A good first terrain if you ask me (I'm no expert but yeah, looks good so far)

P.S. try putting more tile variation back where the mushrooms are, just cause they kinda block the area doesn't mean you can't see the grounds pretty uniform.

Level 10
It could use smoother height variation, and more small details.
It could also use more variation in the Draenei buildings.
You might want to take a look at my Outland UTM. It has many doodads that would help.

I also recommend adding tiny personal touches, like mushrooms growing on the top of a building, or a balcony on one of the towers.

Level 6
I like it except i noticed the waterfall seems to come from no where which leads to very meek river (doesn't match up to its flowing waterfall). You should change the terrain just before a bridge to the terrain on the bridge so it might flow evenly, but maybe you can't, just suggestion. Last thing, I dont think you need those mushrooms growing in side of waterfall, if you look hard it doesnt really work, measy. Otherwise i like how you kept its color palette consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.