• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need Criticism .

Status
Not open for further replies.
WILDERNESS Terrain .

This is my first terrain with reflection . . . Any suggestion , criticism etc. are welcome . . .:ogre_haosis:

Attachments

• Reflect 1.png
    Reflect 1.png
    954.2 KB · Views: 199
  • Reflect 2.png
    Reflect 2.png
    919.5 KB · Views: 213
Level 17
Looks nice, I like how you did the water. Maybe I am the only one but I frankly dislike the water model many terrainers use, dunno why I just think the default wc3 water looks so much better.

As others said you want to change the sky and reduce the fog. It is too thick and looks weird in the back where it meets the sky.
Also the model is obviously from wow, it is the model of the new stags in Pandaria.

Level 30
The terrain looks great overall though I would also got with what others said. Add some fogs and clouds to enhance your terrain. Also that rock you used in the terrain for me doesnt fit. It looks blurry as what we expect from wc3 decors. I suggest use some sort of replacement for it that fits with the overall quality of the other decors you used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 36
Do avoid double posting, there is an edit button for a reason.

Looks nice, I like how you did the water. Maybe I am the only one but I frankly dislike the water model many terrainers use, dunno why I just think the default wc3 water looks so much better.

As others said you want to change the sky and reduce the fog. It is too thick and looks weird in the back where it meets the sky.
Also the model is obviously from wow, it is the model of the new stags in Pandaria.

This looks just about right to me, there's really nothing more I feel like adding on top of that currently.
- Oh and you prefer the Wc3 water to the water plane doodad? That's queer.

_PV

_PV

Level 7
Get A better sky model! And get a Fog to fit to it. If I were you - Depending on what feeling this terrain is portraying - ( in my opinion,) I'd put a Felwood sky there cause it just looks baddass! Put some more models there in the distance, like perhaps a water-fall or something and alter that fog.

But If I were looking at it without a critical eye - great first terrain(with reflection ;D)!

Do avoid double posting, there is an edit button for a reason.

This looks just about right to me, there's really nothing more I feel like adding on top of that currently.
- Oh and you prefer the Wc3 water to the water plane doodad? That's queer.

I used wc3 water plane because for me , this is much better than custom water model . . . wc3 water plane looks more realistic when you used alpha tile and make reflection . .

Level 36
:)

Basically what he's saying is, and I've drawn the same conclusion myself, is that somehow nearly all new terrainers these days
skip all the elementary basics in terraining, basic landscape shapes, fog/sky transition, doodad placement and lighting, and go
straight to reflections, which isn't really part of the basics at all.

You might think your terrain looks pretty with reflections,
but it doesn't if the basics aren't there.

:)

Basically what he's saying is, and I've drawn the same conclusion myself, is that somehow nearly all new terrainers these days
skip all the elementary basics in terraining, basic landscape shapes, fog/sky transition, doodad placement and lighting, and go
straight to reflections, which isn't really part of the basics at all.

You might think your terrain looks pretty with reflections,
but it doesn't if the basics aren't there.

Hmmm . . actually you are right . . . But in this case i want to show something terrain with reflection . . . . But anyway , if this terrain is not pretty , I accept all criticism because criticism makes us to make better .

Level 16
It's nice, also pleasant to look at but I would change that fog, it's too gray and does but does not match the sky. It's strangle ok somehow but I think you could make it even better with a more natural color, something like a really desaturated blue almost like your gray. Contradictory to other people's opinions I would place something in the foreground a boat probably as the background is a little to plain. It reminds me of a old man's simplistic paintings, someone I know that paints like that. This is just a personal opinion and if you really want to impress with the reflection do something a bit more to it, some parts of the terrain aren't reflecting in some areas it's noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.