• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

my first skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
somedays ago i created new look for an old robot model skin (jigrael's robot), i edited the original by CnP, there's:

im waiting for a feedback. im also adding the original skin (the brown one)image.

Attachments

• neo_robot_front.jpg
    neo_robot_front.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 239
  • neo_robot_back.jpg
    neo_robot_back.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 221
  • neo_robot_side.jpg
    neo_robot_side.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 194
  • neo_robot_up.jpg
    neo_robot_up.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 171
  • Robot.blp
    139 KB · Views: 73
  • models_1917_screenshot.jpg
    models_1917_screenshot.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
Level 8
Did you have his permission? Just wondering. Oh, I think the skin makes it look much cooler. As his didnt have much wiring, now it has a lot.

Level 3
Did you have his permission? Just wondering. Oh, I think the skin makes it look much cooler. As his didnt have much wiring, now it has a lot.
no, i didnt asked for his approval but the skin havent approved by the moderators so i think its not a problem. do i need to ask before remake a skin?

i'll post his skin\model to make easy compare. please leave a rate, if possible a personal opinion about improvements and errors.

Level 7
wow, that looks cool. im not sure about the permission thing... what makes me think no is that we as a community edit blizzards skins but on the other hand this person created it and is supposed to be left as is. its a gray area, to be on the safe side you should ask permission. :) :thumbs_up: nice job.

Level 3
exactly Werewulf, exact what THE_END told me. my objective was edit the original skin to create a new look, so as i did. you guys should be less worried, im not trying to stole his work, i just modified (with success? you tell me) the skin.

Level 45
simple recoloring and cnp are frowned upon forms of editing textures. (photo pasting I accept for textures like high res, eg oblivion etc).

Basically, I have no value nor see those techniques as being artistic, creative or having real artistic effort or talent. I suggest you take an artistic view rather than some pin point graphical view.

Level 3
ok, i appreciate your point. but, i dont draw, i just cant make a skin on freehand like he did; i'll try something under your view by a different way.

i can see good points on this skin as the eye (i created, using the original as concept), the metal bar (using a metal pipe artwork) with a blue-energy-cell and the arms (with wires going out of the armor).
my first idea was make some kind of shock-stick with the metal bar and a steel armor, so i did what i could.

Level 12
Let's all be friends, shall we? To get this straightened out, lest, no one has flamed you or meant any disrespect to you in this thread, they were pointing out things that they thought you should know. You need to listen to what people say, or atleast not rebut against it. Also lest I would advise you to edit your first post to say that you cnped the skin just to clear things up.

I will clean this thread up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.