• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

My first skinning attmept

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Hey,

I've recently started re-skinning the below model because it's original texture looked horrid. It's my first attempt at skinning so I'm just "winging-it" :grin: I started by using windows paint but I switched to Paint.net after a few min.
If you have and ideas on how to improve the skin just tell me them.

The body is supposed to be covered in light-chain-mail with a pink/purple shirt with domo-kun on it, it looks a bit odd because the original texture is very small.

(The skin shown below is a little bit old, but it looks almost the same as the new version)

GIMP is also a good tool and it is much like photoshop (except its legally free).

Bot for the skin, i would suggest working on some main body shadings and details to make it look more like a body and not like a 2002 video game anime character. The would be your first job. I would suggest to look at some tutorials so you can get a better view on how to draw most of these things easily. But good luck. Its a great start.

Status
Not open for further replies.