• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My first skin ( comments and help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
my first skin, a demon hunter as ninja.
( technically 3rd skin, because first 2 are recolors )

i was wondering what people thought of it.
( ignore weapon... not done with the weapon or the panda symbol )

i need some help with face, its not looking good.

the images include skin, model and portrait

Attachments

• Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 220
  • Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Level 9
I think you coud just make the face mask black, It looks kinda weird because the face mask shoudnt turn gray..but very good as a third overall..

You shoud be proud...everybody gets very much critique on their first skin...I think Hawkwing ne-rep me so now I kinda quited submiting :p sense they say I suck hard.

Keep up the good work man.

Level 3
thanks Sabelion

i see what you mean, and the mask wasn't supposed to be gray, just black and lighter black ( because i thought plain black wasn't enough)

i am working on the skin now

thanks, the main point was to make it as best i could, and your comments helped thanks

EDIT : Here is the new ninja, sorry the hand is messed up

Last edited:
You shoud be proud...everybody gets very much critique on their first skin...I think Hawkwing ne-rep me so now I kinda quited submiting :p sense they say I suck hard.

I never gave you negative reputation, but you did from another moderator for breaking the rules multiple times.

EDIT : Here is the new ninja, sorry the hand is messed up

Looks better, but the skin colour is still a bit too brown and saturated. Also, the arms need stronger shadows and highlights. Otherwise this is coming along fairly well. Keep it up. For a first skin this is great.

Level 34
It looks very messy and blurry, and it's missing highlights and shading... But what I really like are the bandages that are on arms :)

What you have to do to make your skin look better:
1. Make it smoother, you can try with Smudge tool.
2. You need to add highlights, you can do it with Dodge tool, or just using Brush
3. Fix the eyes, they're... bad :(

Level 9
I never gave you negative reputation, but you did from another moderator for breaking the rules multiple times.

Ok thanks you man :D but I am still afraid of your comments and thats the main reason why I dont post my work here :D.

but I understand, that as a moderator you must be honest. So I dont think you are bad or something. :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.