• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do i transfer my flat skin into a mdx file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
im trying to make a black man (i kno it sucks0 but it my first skin. I have edited the flat skin, but how do i make that flat skin be used for the texture/skin of a model. Im using Gimp, Wc3 Viewer (for converting) and the model editor from this site.

After converting the "flat texture" (which is called the unwrap) you have two options.

1. Import the texture into the World Editor and change the path to that of the original texture. Example: War3Imported\MyArthasSkin.blp to Textures\Arthas.blp.

(This overwrites the skin on the model.)

-OR-

2. Open the model that the skin is to be used for in Magos' War3 Model Editor. Go to Windows > Texture Manager then right click and hit import. Find your texture and import it. Now, let's say we modified the Arthas texture, find Textures\Arthas.blp in the Texture Manager. Right click on it and hit delete. Now go to Windows > Material Manager and take a look at all materials without a texture (it will say "(None)"). Replace "(None)" with your texture, the one you imported earlier, and hit okay. Make sure you do this to all the materials that have no texture. Now go File > Save and import the model into your map.

(This gives you an alternate model.)

Level 4
i hav a problem with the model... wen i place it in world editor, it is a green checkered box, i even closed world editor and reopened and it is still a box...

Level 4
that doesnt work at all... it is still a green checkered box... should i try option one? however wat would i type if the texture is for a villager male 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.