• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

MY FIRST ever attamped at trying to terrain

Do you like my terrain

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Here are some screenshots form my map !aVast. this is from the BME version.
so tell me waht you think. also tis my first try ye saclle wags

Attachments

• avast1.jpg
    avast1.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 191
  • avast2.jpg
    avast2.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 197
Level 25
I agree with Ragingspeedhorn. Although the first one annihilates the second one. Sorry, and I mean no offence, but the second one is really bad. It needs a lot of work...

But keep working and practicing and you'll get better. Soon you may become at least a 'decent' terrainer. :smile:
~Craka_J

Level 7
Woah speedhorn... That's real encouraging for a first timer lol... But yah your right the first is ok, however the second has no tile avriation and only poorly placed trees as doodads.

Level 34
Read some tutorials in the terrain tutorials section. They would help a lot. Also look at some other peoples work... maybe mine?! lol

You need to add height variation. Take the raise ground tool, put it to the 3rd size, and click a few times in a spot to make a small bump, make more all over, you'll get better the more you do it. Do not use the noise tool. It is the worst tool in WE. Now use different grass tiles (You may need to add some, go to modify - modify tileset) and use them all around, this gives tile variation which helps a lot. Next take the shrub doodad in environment and add it amongst the trees. You can look around for more plant and decorative doodads and add them as well. Then you will have a decent terrain!

Level 36
What in christ's name is an "attamped"?!

But, read some terraining tutorials. Try and design some of those, and then when you get the theory behind good terraining, go nuts with your own :p

I'm a horrid terrainer (never really got into it enough to learn how to properly) but I know bad terrain when I see it :wink:

Level 4
The first picture looks good for a beginner(I suck as terrain..so its not like my opinion is worth much...)

But the second....well....blegh. Keep trying.:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 34
I think we gave him enough feedback! =P Don't crush him. I hope you get some improved terrain up soon!

It really can't take THAT long ... I mean, I made this in about three minutes with TUTM.
By the way, you might actually wanna consider getting the ultimate terraining map and taking those palm models. They're actually really good; except for the stupid gigantic standing ones : /
edit: thanks for inspiring me to make two terrains. That deserves rep.

Attachments

• Beach Island.jpg
    Beach Island.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 140
Status
Not open for further replies.