• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My custom map can't open. help me!!

Level 3
Hello, in order to make the map today, I downloaded some custom models and applied them to the map, and then object manager applied some models and saved them. I tried to open the map to get back to work after a short break, but the loading went on and the editor just turned off without any window or error. I just don't know why. I can't find a solution here and there, so please help me. , I also upload the map file, which is a problem. he path to the map file is

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps\TESTING

here.

Attachments

• dsadsa.w3m
    34 MB · Views: 2
Level 3
The game is the latest version. I don't know what saving as a folder means. I'm sorry, but could you tell me?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
The game is the latest version. I don't know what saving as a folder means. I'm sorry, but could you tell me?
When you click Save As in the World Editor there's a dropdown menu that let's you choose from four options. Choose the one that says folder, it should be a w3x file as well since that's the Frozen Throne.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Do you mean ' senario blahblah expansion ' this one?
save.png

^ This one.

Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Then how can i open the map later?
World Editor -> File/Open, then find where you saved the folder and select it and press OK. It will automatically detect the .w3x file inside of the folder.

I like using this folder because you can add/remove imported assets through it rather than in the World Editor. So you can probably delete the bad models inside of the folder and fix your map without needing to open the World Editor.

But I don't recommend modifying the folder with the map open at the same time, it might not like that.

Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Thanks. I will do that today. It was very helpful. If the problem arises again, can I ask again?
Yes. But you'll still need someone to "fix" the map first since the editor always crashes.

@Warseeker I saw you helped someone with this problem before, mind doing it again?

Also, this may help:

Last edited:
Level 3
I tested a few models and they seem to work well. dds and blp too. I need to test it more, but first of all, the few models I used yesterday work well. Thank you very much.