• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Here's a thing I did about 2 years ago. I liked MC Escher's works, and still do. So I figured I'd draw one of his lithographs (it's one of my favorites). I took the picture with my cellphone to it's sort've suckish and blurry, but yeah, here it is :emote_grin: BTW, I contrasted the area around the drawings so it was easier to see, contrasting them made them have a little color though, but oh well
AAEye-1.jpg

Another thing I did around the same time, also originally by MC Escher (I replaced the orb with a water lilly, cuz it's from a fortune cookie lol) Hand's messed up proportionally
AAHand-1.jpg
\
A pretty quick WIP of my interpretation of a Winged Servant of the Night, from this book I'm reading. Not a very good interpretation though, the armor's nothing like this in the book lol. Leg seems too short IMO, and helmet maybe too big
AABird.jpg

So wish I had a scanner right now >.<

Last edited:
Level 8
Yea.. Just as a side note; Vista won't be good at all for at least another year. They need to do more testing, get more feedback, and fix a hell of a lot of problems. XP is by far the better choice, at least until they fix Vista.

I particularly like the eye.

Level 21
I'm probably gonna paint it, and once again, forgive me for my phone's sucky camera. This's a WIP, but instead of drawing it some more, I'm going to draw the rest when I put it on Bristol Board (or water color paper) And there's a reason I made this, just don't wanna say, sort of personal
AATorture.jpg

Art in its true form! Behold!
AAPinkHat.jpg

Pink hat FTW

Last edited:
Level 21
Long time, no post. (lol)
Here's a new thing. It's a snake with it's tongue stuck under a rock, that then tried to pull it from under the rock, resulting it gutting scrunched up, and then stabbed with a knife for kicks by some random dude
My cell phone made it look like something a 5 yr old would do, though >.<

Attachments

• !!AASnake.jpg
    !!AASnake.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 131
Level 21
Here's my watercolor painting for my Watercolor 1 final project. It's a reproduction of J.M.W. Turner's "Vesuvius in Eruption." It's still unfinished, but it's almost done. All I need to do is add in the black. My cell phone camera once again made somethings screwed up and blurry -_-

Attachments

• WatercolorFinalProject.jpg
    WatercolorFinalProject.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 142
Level 6
You're so cool SuPa-, because no one else could take pics of artwork, rather than with a scanner, and still get awesome comments. Haha. kudos. I like the odd shapes and peculiar looking creatures. Very Nice!

Level 21
thanks for the compliment! you should've seen my last watercolor painting though lol (it was a purple-ish flower) it stunk XD

I'll try see if I can get a pic of my still life painting

~Edit~

K, here it is. Sorry, I got a bad angle of it XD
The objects in the still life are a ceramic mug, a plate, a plastic jug... thing, and a folded sheet of cloth it all sat on. This was the first assignment in our class

Attachments

• StillLife1.jpg
    StillLife1.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Level 35
Hmmmmz, anatomy work is needed.

First start with a gesture drawing "a stick figure/basic shapes" It will really make anyones art at least 10 times better.

Anatomy proportions- Humanoid creatures, when standing straight use proportions then contort the proportionally correct person into poses, or pose the creature and measure proportions from there.

Heads=the size of the creatures head.

-basic humanoid is 7 heads tall.
-from the top of the shoulder down 3 heads long the fingers extended reach
halfway down the thigh towards the knee.
-from the base of the neck "torso" down to the bottom of the groin is 3 heads long.
-the thigh from the base of the groin to the knee is a little shorter than the lower leg. in some cases it is the same height.
-the upper arm is shorter than the forearm and the entire length of the arm including stretched fingers is 3 heads.

For hulking brutes use the same measurement for normal humanoids, except add muscle mass and deformity were ever is required.

For animals use symetrical and feasable proportions unless the animal is a mutated demon, abomination of absolute messuped ness. like a bat winged turtle with a crap's claw on its left front leg.

And that is the end of the tutorial on Anatomy.

Level 21
I actually dreamed about doing that after you said it lol

Better?

ToolsOfDestruction4.jpg

It's not really really supposed to be anything, I just made it xD I s'pose it could be a muscle of some sort, though

Converting it to a jpg made it more vibrant and sharp, again. Stupid jpegs! xD

Did a little practice with directional lighting

For this one I turned down the saturation some, then used the colorize tool

ToolsOfDestruction5.jpg

It has transformed into eyeball man

EyeballMan.jpg

Last edited:

TDR

TDR

Level 18
ha! reminds me of my first ever attempt on digital painting (made only around 3 years ago): http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c87/metalpiss/zbul.jpg
In other words, it sucks :p
Don't let that turn you down, though. I don't know if you intended to make this cartoony or it turned out like this due to lack of practice, but in either case it would be better to look at a skull picture and draw it or better buy a skull plaster mold and draw that. 'Cause even if you want it cartoony, you still have to know how it feels for real first. 'Else you'll spawn abominations.

Level 21
I was actually intending to have it as a full-head cartoony skull mask of sorts XD My concept for it was to have some little kid wearing a full head covering skull mask that's firing off an uzi

The slits in the bottom were meant to be like the slits you see on hockey masks (except those are generally horizontal)

Last edited:
Level 25
If the black lines in the back of the lobster is a placeholder/indication of where the rest of the tail will be drawn, I think its off. The tail will be going upward and will look dumb and unrealistic. Also, where are its legs?!

I like the detail in the back-torso part of the lobster a lot.

~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.