• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Mutant Uprising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
245676-albums8224-picture98896.jpg

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/mu-capital-1-00-a-266862/

Map Planning:
Capital
Less then a month ago, the capital was thriving at the height of the tourist season. No longer. A light breeze carries distant screams and the scent of gasoline fires and rotting flesh. You and your squad have been assigned to this particular quadrant in the west end of the city, with orders to hold off a large number of Mutants reportedly heading east to a survivor enclave. Failure is not an option here.

Health Nation Factory
Within ten hours of the containment breach, nearly three quarters of the security and research detail at Health Nation Factory had been killed. Those who couldn't escape set up makeshift defenses in their dormitories, or the labs. In the depths of the facility, the incubators remain functional - attracts more and more mutants. Your task is to eliminate every last one of the mutants until no one left.

Village
With the Mutants on the loose they're beginning to spread out to rural areas and with them their havoc and chaos. The country sides have been evacuated but not everyone made it out alive. Most were caught off guard and murdered in their own beds. Your task is to eliminate these freaks from this sector

Offices
High above Nation Health infamous Biotics Laboratory stands the corporate face of the twisted organization. Local police forces were penned in and wholesale slaughtered when they converged on the entrance. The Nation Health offices were undergoing a renovation at the time of the outbreak. Because of this, large portions of the building are closed off.

Foundry
This once abandoned factory is now occupied by the Nation Health blue-collar workforce. For years Nation Health has kept this facility a secret and kept it off public records. They've been producing chemicals and weaponry for their private military and stock piling for something evil - more evil than what they've already unleashed on the world.

Suburbia
The United States were keeping their eyes on Europe as it was overtaken by so called Mutants. As word spread that this attack had reached the United States panic set in, people began to board up their homes, businesses and even their dog houses fearing for the worst. Even though the warnings and the horror that devastated Berlin they still weren't properly equipped for the ensuring battle. The little time they had to set up defenses was not sufficient. The 'Mutants' were smart, they avoided the large cities and invaded smaller towns in the Eastern United States one by one. Now it’s up to the six of you to take the suburbs back!

Hospital
The makeshift defences lasted no more than an hour. The lucky ones saved the last bullet for themselves...the unlucky ones were eaten alive. Mutants poured out of the Nation Health complex onto the streets of Berlin. Situated next door was University Medical Center Erlangen. This was no coincidence. Nation Health had been secretly farming DNA from patients for the last 18 months. So it's only natural that the Mutants wanted to 'go home'. The handful of people who escaped spoke of a bloodbath and unspeakable horrors. They say the screams still haunt them. The first rescue team went missing after their helicopter crashed trying to land on the roof. Your team is attempting a land based extraction and is tasked to enter University Medical Center Erlangen and extract any survivors you can find. You will rendezvous outside the hospital. Good luck men. It's now time to witness the horrors that are.

Last edited:
Level 20
Good luck with your map, survivals are always fun to play; teaming up with a bunch of pals and shotgunning your way through rotten flesh never gets old!

Terrain looks nice so far, but I think those light rays are somewhat contrasting with the atmosphere.

Level 20
Alright I've tested it quickly, a few things :

- There is a strange delay between the moment your gun fire and the moment the enemy is actually hit, I suppose you can correct that in the objet editor reducing the cast swing point or something. Because as it is, when your gun is out of ammo, your character is still shooting, which can be confusing.
- About reloading, could you add an option so that we can reload whenever we want? Currently the clip must be empty in order to reload, but usually I like to reload before it happens, or when the situation has calmed down, so I am ready for what's coming next, see^^
- The AK is firing sooooooo slowly, it's a shame xD could you add an option to switch fire modes? (single shot/full auto/burst fire) Would be a nice addition imo.
- Add some kind of splash damage to the shotgun?

On the plus side, terrain is fantastic, the models are w00t (me when I saw the L4D Tank in WC3 : O_O) and overall it's immersive. Keep it up!

Level 4
Alright I've tested it quickly, a few things :

- There is a strange delay between the moment your gun fire and the moment the enemy is actually hit, I suppose you can correct that in the objet editor reducing the cast swing point or something. Because as it is, when your gun is out of ammo, your character is still shooting, which can be confusing.
- About reloading, could you add an option so that we can reload whenever we want? Currently the clip must be empty in order to reload, but usually I like to reload before it happens, or when the situation has calmed down, so I am ready for what's coming next, see^^
- The AK is firing sooooooo slowly, it's a shame xD could you add an option to switch fire modes? (single shot/full auto/burst fire) Would be a nice addition imo.
- Add some kind of splash damage to the shotgun?

On the plus side, terrain is fantastic, the models are w00t (me when I saw the L4D Tank in WC3 : O_O) and overall it's immersive. Keep it up!

ok tnx! :thumbs_up:

Level 9
Cool.... i love it even in beta, my frinds and i played it, we were all like "WTF!!!! Mutant!!!!!" KILL KILL KILL KILL, also is this based in Berlin?

"The Golaiths" seems unbalanced

Level 9
Kinda like a zombie outbreak...but with mutants instead.... (the word mutants reminds me of x-men)
But u said that mutants eat dudes alive, not infect them... and how come more mutants spawn? Its creepy.....

Some praise,

-Terrain is jus great! Its full of blood, scattered newspapers,

-Good storyline

Some suggestions

-Some cars that have been tossed upside down

-Some parts of bodies, like severed and butchered hands and legs near bloodstained place

-More mutants, i suggest a mutant type that dids up from underground to ambush, or a mutanted SWAt police with a shield that takss 50% less damage from frontal attacks or a mutant that likes to pock up nearby mutants to eat them for hp or toss them at us!

Level 7
I see… This project does have a potential. Good Luck! I am supporting you mate.

Did you fix the car's size? It's so small than the door's house XD. Fix it so it will become more realistic, oh yeah and this: the AK-47 can't shoot very fast it's like a single shot of a pistol. Fix this too…

Level 4
Kinda like a zombie outbreak...but with mutants instead.... (the word mutants reminds me of x-men)
But u said that mutants eat dudes alive, not infect them... and how come more mutants spawn? Its creepy.....

Some praise,

-Terrain is jus great! Its full of blood, scattered newspapers,

-Good storyline

Some suggestions

-Some cars that have been tossed upside down

-Some parts of bodies, like severed and butchered hands and legs near bloodstained place

-More mutants, i suggest a mutant type that dids up from underground to ambush, or a mutanted SWAt police with a shield that takss 50% less damage from frontal attacks or a mutant that likes to pock up nearby mutants to eat them for hp or toss them at us!

Actually if the victim was bitten from the mutant and escape. If they survive but has a bitten from mutants they will turn into mutants. Also there is no corpse, all of them was reanimated into horrific figure like "Goliath" it was collected and connected all corpse from him. Also i have model Police Mutants(Blue) and Soldier Mutants(Green), well i will try to add it.

PS: Never watch X-Men but i heard mutants from X-men was a next evolution of homo sapien into superhuman.

Level 4
I see… This project does have a potential. Good Luck! I am supporting you mate.

Did you fix the car's size? It's so small than the door's house XD. Fix it so it will become more realistic, oh yeah and this: the AK-47 can't shoot very fast it's like a single shot of a pistol. Fix this too…

haha don't worry i got full version and ready to release but only 1 map (Capital). Also true project "Mutant Uprising: Origins" but i'm not hosted yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.