• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Constructive Critisism for Xmen New Generation v.34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I'm talking about the Xmen map that was authored by Luca_Turilli_X of US East.

I like the map in general, and a lot of nice thought put into the mutant characters.

Still... there's not much action, it has an arena style feel to it, but all force bases are on opposite corners of the map so it's almost an AoS too, but there are no armies of creepy disfigured mutants marching through the map to do battle. (That would be cool)

There are also no real events, no timeline, no timer.

This map is nice, Wolverine in particular is very cool :), but it lacks a strong objective and mission. There's little motivation for players to stay and play.

Now if say, there was a way to capture territory, ^.^ as if this were a mutant version of Europa war, which was sort of what I thought it might have been meant to be. For your little group of mutants, to provide competition of course.

A few direct improvements I thought of:
Choose your own mutant powers system, you could choose the model you want to play and then play one that you made up out of your own combination of powers. Also possibly a randomize selection, for a truly strange mutant.
Use the same system as HoSK? But label the powers differently.
Include the thing where you can set names! I think it's GUI? But you can set your name to a variable and then talk with it.
A custom made unit deserves a custom name!
Missions, follow the footsteps of SWAT: Aftermath, and create several missions each team must accomplish to reach their final goal of victory :)

Status
Not open for further replies.