• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Project 57:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note: This is the second thread I have made for this project. The reason I made a second one was because when I went back to my old one, I saw that it was closed. Sorry if I have broken any rules or caused any trouble but I read through the rules and saw nothing about making a second one.

Project 57:

Story:

After scientists had manufactured a disaster, Project 57, without having a clue what they had just done, everyone involved in the making of Project 57 had gradually turned into some unusual beings, things that weren't human. After a few days lots of people started going into contact with the virus, and the virus was rapidly evolving, producing all kinds of other types of unknown diseases. When everyones towns were destroyed by the beings (including yours), everyone evacuated in air transport to go to a safe place to take refuge in the hope that they wouldn't have any contact with the virus. After a few hours, fog had built up and your plane crashed. Upon crashing, some people had suprisingly survived the devastating crash. You assembled all the equipment from the plane you could and then the expected horrific noises started coming from the horizon. As the survivors of the crash, you will all need to use teamwork to hold out against the things for as long as you can using guns, gear, and some strange devices.

Other info:

Objective: Survive as long as possible.

Gun types:
Assault rifle, machine gun, melee weapons (e.g. chainsaw), flame thrower, pistol, shotgun, sniper and the minigun.

Attachments:
Red dot sight, scope, improved bullets and grenade launcher.

Armour:
Basic infantry armour, medium infantry armour, heavy infantry armour, titanium armour

Special equipment:
C4, antidote

Features:
Ammo system (still in progress and very buggy), first person camera system, virus system, rank system, save/load system

Maybe features:
Grenade system (will probably be very difficult to attempt in GUI), backpack system

Enemies:

Bloated Horror - This is a mutant made up of shredded ones who were joined together by an alchemist, when you go close, they explode (as the alchemists made them that way)
Virus strain - Elixir of life

Test Subject - Once human beings, these deranged creatures were the victims of horrific experiments. They are weak monsters and are not much of a hassle to encounter
Virus strain - Emerald

Shredded Ones - These are pieces of commoners and scientists who were brutally torn apart by the mutants. Like test subjects, they are not much of a hassle
Virus strain - Elixir of Life

Hunter - These are mutants similar to survivors. The only difference is, they were given access to advanced technology. These are mutants who are a real challenge
Virus strain - Emerald

Alchemist - These are infected scientists. Be warned, they are smart and are likely to have bloated horrors and many damned at their side
Virus strain - Merlin's Curse

The Damned - Also creations of Alchemists, these mutants are the servants of the alchemists as they are pretty much intellectuals who have been infected through merlins curse, you will see them by the alchemist's side

Mind Eater - When infected by Merlin's Curse, their unintelligent minds were incapable of being infected by the virus, so they just wander as mindless mutants that live on people's brain tissue. They are like a stereotypic zombie

Immortal - These are the alchemist's most deadly creations. All you pretty much can do is run and hide from them. If you have access to decent equipment then count yourself lucky
Virus strain - Elixir Of Life

Withered One - Withered and dry, these are mutants who only favour human flesh. They come in packs
Virus strain - Sandstorm

Death Bringer - These were some of the best soldiers out there. They were the soldiers that humanity depended on to destroy this virus once and for all. If you see one, all you can do is try run
Virus strain - Emerald

Hungerer - These guys are always looking for blood. They have a tremendous life regeneration (400% of damage dealt). You are likely to see these guys in trios
Virus strain - Sandstorm

Survivor - These are the basic infantry who were sent out to destroy the virus who got infected
Virus strain - Emerald

Diseases

Merlin's Curse - It decreases your strength and agility only focusing on intelligence and it stuns and slows nearby allies

Emerald - Poisons rage through the victims body, lowering health over time and affecting your damage and accuracy

Elixir of Life - The victim gains increased health regeneration, also regenerating the health of nearby allies and zombies. If used well, this mutation can become a benefit.

Sandstorm - The victim becomes old and withered, reducing health regeneration, but giving you the ability to heal for 2% of all damage. If you die, you fall to dust.

Need ideas

Need ideas

Credits:
Many thanks to Trilium for helpful ideas to get this map going. I will get on with the credits later when I have started using models, icons, etc

Map file:
I do have intentions of posting the beta file but I will do that once all units have been complete

Corrections:
If there are any spelling mistakes or incorrect grammar, please report

Level 7
Are the diseases transmuted by zombies like a poison effect, or is it an event in which you have no choice but to be infected?

may i suggest for characters you got:
a blond blue eyed boy with a 0% chance of survival
a female scientist who is attractive as hell and naturally falls in love like every cheesy movie
a bunch of scared idiots who dont care that you know what your doing since the whole world has gone to shit. they would rather run in circles and scream while the pebble falls like in a kids cartoon show.

Diseases are transmitted by the zombies and good character ideas but there's still about 8 to go :/ Ill prolly make a thread in the ideas section. Btw I dunno if i can do the characters as regular people because it will be too difficult finding models for each one. I could have to resort to the characters being marines that just have different names. But that doesn't mean I can't make the characters. +rep for ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.