• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Music Contest #11 - Poll

Cast your vote on up to 3 entries (READ THE RULES below before voting)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
the%20hive%20workshop.png

music.png
contest.png
number.png
1.png
1.png

poll.png

movie-set-jpg.311937

Cinematic

Participants are to create a cinematic soundtrack that would be suited for modern styled cinematic tracks that you would hear today.

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• Each user can only vote once in the poll.
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
  • You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.

prizes.png

• First Place: 40 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
  • Second Place: 25 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon
  • Participants: 5 reputation points
  • Judges: 5 reputation points

entries.png

This YouTube video contains all the entries. The start time of each song is in the video description.

Participant Entry
deepstrasz Middle Eastern Adventure
It's Ryan Boi March of the Horns
Brambleclaw Cine
Hakren Unknown Waters
enzo2090 Pulsating Universe
GhostOfPast New Lands
Phantawalker Castle Defenders

judges.png

contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

Theme
How well does it demonstrate the feeling of the theme/15

Creativity/Originality
How original is the piece? How creative are you with the theme/instruments/etc.
/10

Production
Basically, how well does it flow? Are accents used to good effect? Do overall levels make sense? etc./10

Composition
How well is it composed? Do the key changes make sense?/15

/50

• Judgement: 70%
  • Poll: 30%
Final Score = (30*Reached_Votes/POSSIBLE_VOTES) + (70*JudgeScore/100)

Contest thread can be found here.

Last edited:
Level 10
All musics really got me into thinking in awesome scenarios. My votes are on Pulsating Universe, March of the Horns and Castle Defenders.

Level 2
:mad:Damn, i accidentally submitted my vote after selecting only Phantawalker...:D Was gonna vote on It's Ryan Boi as well.... Forgive me :oops:

Level 10
Is it just only me that feel guilty for GhostOfPast, enzo2090 and Hakren??:(:(
I mean composers tried hard to make their own music...

It's ok, i'm sure we all had our share of good votes, good contests and everything. Sometimes our songs won't reach the hearts of people (it doesn't mean they can't do it on other occasions), but i guess thats within our expectations. That's why i'm always looking forward for the next, in which i'm already anxious. :);)

Level 3
It's ok, i'm sure we all had our share of good votes, good contests and everything. Sometimes our songs won't reach the hearts of people (it doesn't mean they can't do it on other occasions), but i guess thats within our expectations. That's why i'm always looking forward for the next, in which i'm already anxious. :);)
Even if you say so, I still feel guilty to think about the result of all hard work turns out to be nothing. :(

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Even if you say so, I still feel guilty to think about the result of all hard work turns out to be nothing. :(
That's not true. Gratification isn't what we need here, it's self development and these contests help us because there's competition. Nobody will remain hungry because of "losing" such a contest.
All I want from these contests, is for people to make music, get out of their comfort zones, learn about new genres and techniques, musically connect.

Level 3
That's not true. Gratification isn't what we need here, it's self development and these contests help us because there's competition. Nobody will remain hungry because of "losing" such a contest.
All I want from these contests, is for people to make music, get out of their comfort zones, learn about new genres and techniques, musically connect.
Welp I guess you right,atleast Im not feel very sad about it anymore:):)

Level 17

Agreed, the only part that interests me in these competitions, in the result period is the judging, and the advise and criticism they give. Can't improve if i don't know where I'm going wrong, and self-critique will only take me so far in the learning process.

Status
Not open for further replies.