• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music Clip Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Music Clip Contest #1
The Idea of this contest is to make a music clip for a song in the Warcraft 3 World Editor. The Clip should last for 2-4 minutes.

Rules
  • Any Clip longer then 5 minutes will loose points
  • It is recommended that the clip is between 2-4 minutes
  • The Clip must be made from scratch
  • The only sounds you can play is the song or songs.
  • If you work as a team to you must list every person who helped make the Clip
  • The Clips will be judged by the admins

The Clip
You should try and make your Clip intresting and should have as many special effects as possible (but do not fill the whole clip with special effects to the point you can see almost nothing else on the screen). I know alot of people will just make a sought of stage with people on it, and its ok but a few surgestions if thats what your going to do.

1. You could make it like those clips where it goes back from the band playing on the stage to something happening somewhere else that has to do with a story.
  2. Just looking at the same place, the same type of thing and so on can get quite boring for an entire song. So try and make different things in the clip, not just repeating the same sought of thing.
  3. Try and think about how you can make the story in the clip (if any) as clear as possible to the viewer, and perhaps try and choose a song that is some how related to that story in any way.

Criteria
The Clip will be judged on:

• How well the song fits in with the special effects, terrain and everything else in the Clip.
  • How well the Special Effects are used.
  • The Terrain.
  • How well the Cameras are used.
  • Note that there should be no other sounds in the clip other then the song.

Length
Also you do not have to have a full song in the clip, you can have a full song, a bit of a song or a mix of different songs, as long as it dosn't go over 5 minutes.

Deadline
The Deadline for now will be the 5th of December. The Deadline can be increased or decreased if nessesary.

Prizes
The Winner of the contest will recieve 40 rep, as well as a title if he wishs. The runner up will recieve 20 rep and a title.

Contestants
If you want to compete in this contest you should post in this thread or private message me, and I will add you to the Participation List. Please if possible tell me the name of your entry and your progress.
[musiccliplist]arenawinners[/musiccliplist]

Level 24
erm...It means that we can use ANY song, imported,or already inside warcraft? I'm thinking of 'power of the horde'...But I can't model T_T

Yea well you could use power of the horde if you wanted to, although personaly I would find a good song to import. And u don't have to be able to model do you? just use that arthas model with the guitar, having no custom models won't decrease your score.

Level 12
Hmm nevermind. I just want to ask a few questions. Answer it if you know please =)
1.Did thrall ride on snowsong, or snowsong followed him like rexxar and misha?
2.What colour was snowsong(white i guess...not sure.)
3.What season was it when Durnholde was stormed?(The book says it was raining, and it was 'a few months after spring'.)
4.What weapon did thrall exactly wield when he attacked durnholde? He killed blackmoore with a sword, but...did he wield doomhammer's warhammer before using a sword? Or he used nothing, or he was using the sword all along? :s

These questions, I cannot seriously figure out because I am not bright enough to, or observant of the book's content enough to. Help pleaseee =)

Status
Not open for further replies.