• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Multiple spawning destinations for units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am working on a map project that fuses elements from hero arenas, dota, footman frenzy. I have the unit spawning down, and then I got another idea to make the map even more insane. Instead of two sides, have 4. Now, the only problem with this, is that I don't know how to make the spawn point destinations selectable. I want it to be configurable so that people can configure thier spawns so that they will attack one of the 3 other peoples bases. I am not sure how to do this, but I will post an example of how my nits are spawned.

• Events
  • Time - Every 20 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Player Group - Pick every player in Player Group - Player 1 (Red) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
      • If (All conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Region Centered at ((Picked player) start location) with size (384.00, 384.00)) contains (Random unit from (Units owned by (Picked player) of type Barracks))) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Create 1 Swordsman for (Picked Player) at Center of (Region centered at (Player 1 (Red) start location) with size (384.00, 384.00) facing default building facing degrees.
        • Unit - Order (Last Created unit) to attack-move to (Center of (Region centered at (Player 8 (pink) start location) with size (3840.00, 384.00)
        • Unit - Create 1 Swordsman for (Picked Player) at Center of (Region centered at (Player 1 (Red) start location) with size (384.00, 384.00) facing default building facing degrees.
        • Unit - Order (Last Created unit) to attack-move to (Center of (Region centered at (Player 8 (pink) start location) with size (3840.00, 384.00)
      • Else - Actions
        • Do Nothing
      • If (All conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Region Centered at ((Picked player) start location) with size (384.00, 384.00)) contains (Random unit from (Units owned by (Picked player) of type Firing Range))) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Create 1 Gunsman for (Picked Player) at Center of (Region centered at (Player 1 (Red) start location) with size (384.00, 384.00) facing default building facing degrees.
        • Unit - Create 1 Gunsman for (Picked Player) at Center of (Region centered at (Player 1 (Red) start location) with size (384.00, 384.00) facing default building facing degrees.
      • Else - Actions
        • Do Nothing

Thats a small segment of the code for player 1, and only for the units created at his base (It does the same thing for 5 other players as well, with the same amount of units exept for the 'flank' people which spawn only 1 unit. Note that it is the same for the second force as well) The triggers for reds team mates are the same as well, so if player 2 also had a barracks, they would both have 4 footman at each base, for a total of 8 down the center lane. There are 5 paths in total, and so far, I have 13 repetitions for different units in the coding, as I shortened the coding for the example, and took out the other 11 units. Now, As stated, and a reminder, I want the essential same thing, but for 4 players, and the option to make the spawns run to one of the other 3 enemy bases. Also, If there is any more efficient code to reduce possible lag that others may experiance (I have a rather high end computer, so it is non existant for me in war 3, unless somebody hosting another game that I am in lags.)

Also, if possible, I would like the unit to carry on its previous action if it is issued a new one for right clicking (Like in castle fight, note that I already have all spawns classified as wards so that MIGHT be enough of a deterent, but they can still be commanded)

Once I can get this thing up, I am planning on posting a rough beta, and plan on recruiting people if possible.

Level 29
Attacking has nothing to do with the spawning.

To attack you can simply pick all the units in a region and order them to attack-move to the base you want.

You should check your leaks though. You leak 10 points every 20 seconds (maybe also 10 region leaks ? don't know about them).
You also don't need those 2 "Do Nothing" as they do nothing and take your memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.