• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiple Questions for WE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
yeah i need to know some basic triggers:

1. how do i make a event happen only once (ive made an event when a unit enters a zone, several units appear but when a unit enters that zone again more units appear)

2. Like heros in the orignal campaigns, how can i make heros in my custom campaign level up only a few times and then at a certain level they stop gaining experiance.

i have more questions but ive forgot for now, ill update once i remeber :).

Level 2
more questions

ok heres some more questions

1. how do i black out the minimap

2.i want to make a quest objective that involves killing a certain unit, but i also want several other units needed to be slayed aswell in order to complete the objective, how do i do it

3.i need help with how to use custom triggers\scripts, i have no clue how they work

Level 9
1. Turn off the Trigger, doesn't matter where you place the action, the trigger will run once.

2. You mean Max Level? Advanced > Gameplay Constants > Heroes - Max Level

Update is not post again, use the EDIT button.

1. You'll have to import a black image and follow this guide. You'll also find a lot of interesting stuff in there.
Unless, you need to "HIDE" the minimap which you'll have to tick a value named "Hide Minimap" in the Scenario > Map Options.

2. With triggers and variables, if you want me to be more specific I would ask you the same thing. :wink:

3. Play around with them, the more time you spend the more you learn, even if you haven't done anything in the end. After playing around a litle you'll be able to understand some Tutorials that will help you a lot!

Level 19
The lvling problem does not consider the max level, you need to edit the table for the experience gain in each level.

Just delete all other values into the specified table and put one (it is in percent so be careful),
For example, make it 50, so the hero will gain 50% of the expierience gained by killing units.

Additionally, you can increase this value via triggers, but it will overrite the value from the table.

Level 2
ok thanx for the leveling question, but now to add on another question how do i use the same hero with the same level/experance/items/abilities in the next campaign level, has game cache got something to do with it ?

Level 19
I think you need to save it into the game cache like this:

• Store Unit
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game Cache - Create a game cache from MapName.w3v
      • Game Cache - Store <Unit> as <Label> of Category in (Last created game cache)
But im not experienced in the game-cache handles, so if someone with more experience can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.