• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] MUI - Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello every Hive users. I really have a question about MUI...

I will give examples from what i'm trying to get information about.

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH I'M SWEDISH!

Anyways this is what i wan't to know:

If i have a spell that's (example) going to just create a frost nova that frost nova 3 units or more. Then i can create all the actions in one trigger. here comes the question: Do i need to use Indexing or Hash to only one trigger if i use variables? (I know that i must use one or more triggers and use Indexing/Hash if i'm going to create a spell like example the Arrow Moving spell and like an bouncing dummy unit that will bounce from enemy to enemy)

Like this:
  • Spell
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 dummy unit for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Lich - Frost Nova (Picked unit)
(I know how to create that spell but that was just an example) Do i need to use hash or indexing for that?

Level 19
"SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH I'M SWEDISH!" Vi svenskar skriver väl inte så dålig engelska? :D (Well, we swedish people don't write so bad english? :D)

Anyway, I could have written it in swedish but I want everyone to understand.

Just use a loop and create 1 unit every time the loop loops. Then order the unit to move to a specific point and add permanent immolation to the dummy nova unit and add a timer to the unit. This is the way to make this with only one trigger. Make sure you remove all leaks.

You can do a better nova spell with two triggers though :)

Level 9
? if you write something in swedish pls transelate it. Or if oyu dont like other people to know what you have written, write a pm.
Anyway your english is understandable, and the spell is mui cause you did not use any wait or timers.
If oyu want your spell to nova units not actually at the same time, you would have to use indexing, hashtable or something so that its still mui.

Level 19
Jo men gramatiken är inte speciellt bra ju :p Men men jag vet iaf hur man gör en spell men jag ville bara veta om man skulle använa hashtables eller indexing till en trigger fast det behövde man inte :grin:

(Yeah, but the grammar isn't very good :p But anyway, I know how to make a spell, but I just wanted to know if I should use hashtables or indexing in a trigger, but I didn't)

Translated your text ^^

But some more advanced spells will need hashtables or indexing systems to be MUI. I'd recommend to make a nova spell with hashtables or indexing because they will be much better. But I don't know how good you are at triggering :)

Level 11
(Yeah, but the grammar isn't very good :p But anyway, I know how to make a spell, but I just wanted to know if I should use hashtables or indexing in a trigger, but I didn't)

Translated your text ^^

But some more advanced spells will need hashtables or indexing systems to be MUI. I'd recommend to make a nova spell with hashtables or indexing because they will be much better. But I don't know how good you are at triggering :)

Well i'm pretty good at triggering but it was just an example so there's nothing to worry about :p

Status
Not open for further replies.