• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mugzippit's Castle 1.01

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Mugzippit Castle

The kingdom has been under the dark rule of Mugzippit. Now a group of 6 heroes, consisting of humans, elves and a dwarf, are the only ones with the courage and power to face the dark king. The heroes have rallied together to assault the fortress and the people of the city eagerly await their departure. The fate of the kingdom is now in their hands…

Fight together has a team to overcome the black citadel and overcome the undead infestation that protect the castle.

This map has been made completely from scratch and by someone who had no mapmaking experience when it was started. This map is unprotected so feel free to see how things work or edit the map itself (although I don’t really see if anyone would want to).

I enjoyed making this map and learnt quite a bit so I don’t really need a dozen posts on my poor terraining skills.

Quick credit list:
happytauren for the lich
Carrington2k for the black hole
illidanevilx for the fire elemental
JetFangInferno for the fire and dark nova
Olofmoleman for Thor
and dan van ohllus for White Tiger
Willthealmighty for Nuclear explosion
anarchianbedlam for Shiva Tactical Nuke
Pyramidhe@d for the Defiler
Callahan for the Lightning strike
if you see your model used in the map and not been credited feel free to complain.
(i couldn’t find the person who made the Dracolich model but thanks and if u tell me who you are i will add you to credit list)

Enjoy

Keywords:
Open source, unprotected
Contents

Mugzippit's Castle 1.01 (Map)

Reviews
16:55, 3rd Feb 2009 Septimus: rejected
Level 18
Here is my rating and comment:

1 - 10 points go on originality
1 - 10 points go on object editor work
1 - 10 points go on scripting
1 - 10 points go on terrain
1 - 10 points go on bug free
1 - 10 points go on gameplay*/fun factor
1 - 10 points go on lag
1 - 10 points go on proper submission and crediting
-------------------------------------------------
->That equals 80 points max.
+ Cinematic
1 - 10 points on camera work
1 - 10 points on dialog
1 - 10 points on music and or voice acting
- Cinematic
Object editor work
* Not in cinematic
That equals 100 points max.
To get a Hive grade over 1/5 at least 50% of the 80 (Triggered map) or of the 100 (Cinematic map) points is needed. That means at least 40 or 50 points. However if a map gets rated over 1/5 by me, that doesn't mean that I will imidietly vote it to be approved.

Originality: 2 points
Basicly grab a hero and kill the main negative character. No custom spells, nothing orignal whatsoever.

Object editor work: 6 points
You colored some things nicely, which always is nice. Hotkeys worked beacuse you kept the warcraft spells. Custom spells!

Scripting: 3 points
Defficent in some triggers, like the scout had to say something and nothing happened, when we leaved the city, I could blink anywhere with the pendant :/

Terrain: 2 points
The terrain needs a lot of improving.

Bug Free: 3 points
The biggest problem is the necklace whom with you can blink anywhere, like in the hero chosing area and then activate triggers for heroes.

Gameplay/Fun Factor: 4 points
It was pretty boring and dull, I didn't even finish it, sure teamwork is always nice, but with no custom spells it isn't much.

Lag: 8 points
Some lag, nothing too drastic. Fine loading time.

Proper submission and crediting: 6 points
You should add images here, more description, but you did credit the authors atleast.

In overall: 34 / 80
42%
minimal 50% not met.
For the hive grade: 1/5 I suggest this map for: Rejection
In overall it is a boring map with some issues. The terrain needs major fixing as well. You need more custom items, spells... Try again, improve and update the map maybe something does come out of this. The large 3.5 Mb size doesn't help it at all.

Good Luck, bounty hunter2
I might not be checking this topic for some time. If you have any questions about the review or you update the map and want me to check it again, feel free to PM me or Visitor message me at any time.

Level 3
Reply to review

Ive fixed the necklace so it can still help players move around but not teleportation anymore and im working on the terrain and spells atm. the scout probably said nothing beacause subtitles needs to be on

Level 2
-_-

"In overall it is a boring map with some issues. The terrain needs major fixing as well. You need more custom items, spells... Try again, improve and update the map maybe something does come out of this. The large 3.5 Mb size doesn't help it at all."

THAT AINT FAIR! its his first map so you gotta give him some credit -_-
there is originality in it sometimes cos otherwise nobody would rate it.

give him a break will ya?:slp:

Level 18
Ive fixed the necklace so it can still help players move around but not teleportation anymore and im working on the terrain and spells atm. the scout probably said nothing beacause subtitles needs to be on

Hmm okay, I hope you manage to pull something out of it. Subtitles :/

Nukitty said:
"In overall it is a boring map with some issues. The terrain needs major fixing as well. You need more custom items, spells... Try again, improve and update the map maybe something does come out of this. The large 3.5 Mb size doesn't help it at all."

give him a break will ya?

Am I supposed to say: Great map, some issues, here have a 4/5 and mini mod approval vote. This is fair, and only this. People aren't supposed to post their first stuff, but they do and when they do they need guidelines on how to improve, and harsh criticsm to face them too see where are they standing. There is no originality whatsoever. Give him a break? Did I do anything wrong? No I just helped him and this is how it is supposed to be.

bounty hunter2

Level 31

give him a break will ya?:slp:

Being a newbie doesn't give a excuse of making a poor map. I had seen a maze map being make by a newbie, which is his first map and it was rather impressive and it was very well done in terrain, trigger and everything else as if it was develop by expert map maker.

So, using the excuse of "Hey, it was my first map" and "I am newbie in WE" is strictly unacceptable.

When I was new at mapping, I get a rather harsh critique as well and doesn't like it; but I soon discover the usefulness of those critique which gradually improve my mapping skill. Try view my map, you would notice most of my map have gone through a tremendous improvement.

A comment that said "Hey, great map", "5/5", "Superb" and etc etc are useless and pointless as they tend to make you more lazy and doesn't give any effort at mapping. This kind of comment are more likely to be an ass-kisser comment.

At here, you might sometimes receive compliment. But at wc3campaigns.net, they won't kiss your ass by praising your work if it was really awful. They tell nothing, but the truth. At here, a few of us tell the truth like they does as well.

I am reviewing this resources and would give feedback soon.

1) Poor terrain, you know your terrain is poor thus you must strive to improve it or get a person to help you.
2) Coding not that good, most of it could be optimize for better performance.
3) All unit seems to be massive spam.
4) Some hotkey doesn't working.

Overall rating was 1/5 and mini moderator vote was REJECTED

Level 3
while making ive tried to cover all aspects of the worldeditor without doing something that hasnt been done hundreds of times before (for example maze maps) and without finding an unprotected map and working it out from that, with the exception of finding out how to cancel a cinematic midway. there arnt that many maps of the same type as this one.

Level 3
v 1.01

ive tried to improve my map using the points you made in your review.
ive redone the necklace so its still valueable and made quite a few new skills as replacements to the normal wc3 ones and ive tried to improve parts of the terrain but i know it still needs work.