• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mpq Rebuilding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure this is where to post this, but is their a way to extract an mpq and leave it in the correct folders/names rather than one big pile of 'file007641' The 007641 being the files number from the mpq.

I am asking because its a pain in the but to find the matching skins to a model and set them all into a tree so it will show up in a modeling prog (mangos)

Level 8
You only need a listfile.
Without a listfile the mpq tool doesn't know the original path of the file.

But since you're apparantly ripping content from a protected map I guess there's no chance of getting the listfile (except asking the author of the map).

Actually im trying to creat my own wc3 mpq, mod btw is the list file the .dll file?
I wana add models to an mpq, then everyone can use it and itl save map space (its a pipe dream i know..)
But if you add models to the mpq you should still be able to play maps that dont require your custom mpq? Cause if a few good maps advertise for this, i really think it might spread, it could be updated like a bnet update to ^.^ cept sumthin u dl. If this dosnt take off atleast a few people will still have it,
I know the games with the custom mpq wouldnt be playable to people without the mod, but it could say that on # of players that the mod is required
Even if all this dosnt take off id like to learn more about the mpq

Status
Not open for further replies.