• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Moving through units as a temporary buff? {like Wind Walk without invisibility}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Is it possible to give units a temporary buff that allows them to move through units (like Ghost (Visible) or Windwalk without invisibility). This needs to be used on a MUI spell and GUI is preferred, unless it is easy to import it and use it as JASS. (example: the phase boots in *cough*DotA*cough

Rep to those who can help me :wink:

Level 18
Hi Rowboat :p
But how would I check when to give back the collision without using waits?
And won't the unit move a bit weird as if it had like a collision of 1 (moving around but very close to it)?

Level 8
Hi Billy =)

Wierd? i dont get that because i said the collusion is at "0" if you want to walk "through" units =)

And hmm, about that wait thingy ... hmm ... i dont know man.. if its going to be NON-MUI it can be easily done, but ur map NEEDS it MUI xD... sorry.. i dont think i can help there...

But i answered ur first question :D "Is it possible to give units a temporary buff that allows them to move through units (like Ghost (Visible) or Windwalk without invisibility).?" =)

Level 18
You know my map :p
One hero per player and only 1 class needs it so if the removing collision thing works I think I can make it :)
Using a unit array variable for owners of the unit using the spell should work even though it's not MUI.
MPI - the spell can be used at the same time, but only for different players (instead of units).

Level 4
As seen in DotA, the "Phase Boots" item allows you to move through units. The spell is based of windwalk, with a duration of 5 seconds and a fade time of 6 seconds, as Dr. Super Good suggested you do. An interesting piece of info, if you make the fadeout time the same as the duration, there will be a split second of invisibility, which was once abused to avoid spells such as storm bolt and the like. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.