• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Moving SFX's in WEU Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Well, I was working on a map in WEU and was trying to make a spell cooler. So I took a look at all of the SFX options that can be made (like, "create SFX at point with offsest x,y" etc...).

Now, while looking, I found something called "Moving SFX's" and it gives you all of these different types of actions. Some allow curving SFX's, some allow straight line SFX's.

The point I think is that the SFX just has to move from point to point with certain play speed and how many times it's played during that time.

Now, my question is plain and simple. Is anyone sure how these work? Whenever I run the trigger it always says "error, blah blah blah".

Code:
Effects
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Casting unit)) Equal to Being of Fire
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Ultimate 
    Actions
        Advanced - Create a moving special effect of type Curve Left using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl as model from (Position of (Casting unit)) to ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by (100.00, 0.00)) having a number of 20 effects on the way and waiting 0.01 seconds in between. Loop the special effect True
The error is: "Line 176: Expected a Funtion Name"

Level 11
Ok to use 'Advanced' actions you need to open your map in WE Enhancer (comes with WEU) and click "Enable Advanced Triggers" Many people would suggest you don't use Advanced actions because they leak. If you do, don't use them too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.