• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

moving portals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
what i am trying to do is make portal to lead to waygate unit. problem is that when portal is moving, teleporting point does not follow portal.

how i get teleporting point to come with portal?

Attachments

• moving portals.w3x
    19.6 KB · Views: 61
Level 4
I'm not quite sure what you're asking here. You want the portal to follow the War Wagon, and you want the Way Gate to teleport to where the Portal is (and it should always be behind the War Wagon)?

It worked fine for me, than. The portal would constantly follow the War Wagon, and every time you set the new teleport point. I would suggest sending the Action "Unit - Move Portal 0006 <gen> instantly to (Position of Wagon of epicness 0000 <gen>)
" above "Neutral Building - Set Way Gate 0001 <gen> destination to (Position of Portal 0006 <gen>)".

Am I misunderstanding your question?

Level 2
I'm not quite sure what you're asking here. You want the portal to follow the War Wagon, and you want the Way Gate to teleport to where the Portal is (and it should always be behind the War Wagon)?
correct. problem is when i order a footman to move to portal, it run back to position where portal used to be when game started.
(edit: or sometimes footman runs to corner of map)

Level 4
That's interesting. It worked fine the first time I tried out the map. I will try and see if I can get something to work later, but this is probably above my triggering skills, also.

EDIT: I've been playing with this, and I am still met with the same problem that you were. For now, I'm going to have to assume that it takes JASS or is impossible. Sorry.

Last edited:
Level 2
bumb. any ideas?

{EDIT}
nvm problem solved

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.