• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

a few questions here... please do help{making a unit freeze when hit by Phoenix Fire}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
please help me on both.... hey how do i make a unit froze when being hit by phoenix fire?? and lets say i have "20 triggers", "20 portal", "20 portal to". i'm trying to make each portal teleport the entering unit to a random "portal to" it works.. but should i use the same integer variable for every portal? or should i use 1 integer variable for 1 portal?

Level 7
1) Make a custom ability based on frost wyrm frost ability and change what you need there.
2) Make an integer with 20 posibilities and when a unit enters a portal make the trigger to "shuffle" the numbers and if the integer stops at 6 for example make him move to the portal that has 6 given to it.

Level 7
1) Make a custom ability based on frost wyrm frost ability and change what you need there.
2) Make an integer with 20 posibilities and when a unit enters a portal make the trigger to "shuffle" the numbers and if the integer stops at 6 for example make him move to the portal that has 6 given to it.

1) no man..... i just wanted a phoenix fire ability to frost the enemies around it.. but whatever i've figured it out.

2) my question was 1 integer for all portal or 1 integer for each portal. i suppose your answer was 1 all portal *Make an integer with 20 posibilities...*.

im still not sure about q,2

Level 18
for question 2, i suggest to use 1 variable, with an array of 20, so it's one for each portal..this way you can easily work with the portals and triggers..

i think AJalex ment the same like me, for the trigger you only have to randomize this arrayvalues.
sure, you'll have to set the variable first for it :p like: portal[1] = <Portal 002> and so on

Level 2
For question 1 i think you should make a dummy unit with the storm bolt skill with a freeze looking buff, a dummy hero skill which has no real effect and apply a periodic trigger which checks for units in range of units with that hero dummy skill and then create a dummy and order it to target a random enemy within a range of e.g. 600 yards of the unit which has the dummy hero ability.

Level 7
For Q1 - Frost Armor freezes nearby enemies, if you want the frost with the attack you'll have to trigger a Phoenix Fire.
yeah.. phoenix fire buff with slowed doesn't work, it just shows the effects but doesn't actually slow the enemy.. i guess i could do something like.. "actions:
(if/then/else)if-unit has buff (slowed), then-set unit movement speed to x%. wait for x seconds. set unit movement speed to 100%, else-do nothing" but what do i put under events?

For question 1 i think you should make a dummy unit with the storm bolt skill with a freeze looking buff, a dummy hero skill which has no real effect and apply a periodic trigger which checks for units in range of units with that hero dummy skill and then create a dummy and order it to target a random enemy within a range of e.g. 600 yards of the unit which has the dummy hero ability.

argh.. i dont know how to do these dummy stuff..

Level 11
Do this

Trigger1
Every .1 seconds
Pick all units in Slow Group
If unit has buff Slow
Then set picked unit ms to X%
Else Remove picked unit from Slow Group
set picked unit ms to default

Trigger2
Every .1 seconds
Pick all units that have buff slow
Add picked unit to Slow Group

This should work. You can also change the vertex coloring of the unit to make it look blue tinted

Level 7
Do this

Trigger1
Every .1 seconds
Pick all units in Slow Group
If unit has buff Slow
Then set picked unit ms to X%
Else Remove picked unit from Slow Group
set picked unit ms to default

Trigger2
Every .1 seconds
Pick all units that have buff slow
Add picked unit to Slow Group

This should work. You can also change the vertex coloring of the unit to make it look blue tinted
oh ok then i'll use trigger thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.