1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

portal question

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by UreDe4D, Aug 9, 2008.

1. UreDe4D

UreDe4D

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ok, this time i have a question which might be so easy that i was just too blind too see the answer,but:

when i place 2 portals in my map (i didn't change anything) how do i make it so that i can be teleported from portal 1 to 2, i know that i have to check portal aktiv, and then i want to select portal 2 in targets, but there is no portal 2, only the regions i placed in my maps, i know i could create regions at the other portal and use that one but i don't want to do it, i checked some other maps, but i couldn't figure out what i missed

2. Joe-black-5

Joe-black-5

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    from my opinion create 4 regions(portal1, portal1b,portal2, portal2b)
    when a unit enter portal 1 move entering unit to portal2b
    when a unit enter portal 2 move entering unit to portal1b
    when a unit enter portal 1b or 2b nothing happens (portal is just the name of the region)
    cause if you have only two regions, when the unit entwr the first one he will move to the second, and that mean he entered the second and will be moved to the first...... and the game will crash.
    if i didnt solve your probleme please tell me i will be happy to help you.

3. UreDe4D

UreDe4D

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    sry but as i said in my first post i don't want to use regions, i did that in all of my other maps, but as there must be another way to do it, i want to use this other way

4. Eleandor

Eleandor

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well quite frankly: if you don't want to use regions, you have a problem.

5. UreDe4D

UreDe4D

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    but i know some blizzard maps, e.g. in the campaign, where they used the portals as targets, i checked the maps but i coudn't figure out how they do it, they do not use regions

6. YoshiRyu

YoshiRyu

Resources:
    Resources:
    they use "real" portal if i remember (i.e. units with a particular technical behave)

you could use "Unit - Unit Within Range" event instead of regions

7. UreDe4D

UreDe4D

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    unit in range would make it even more complicated as there is no generic "unit comes within region" event, i will do it with regions then as t doesn't require any triggering, thought there might be another way but ok

8. YoshiRyu

YoshiRyu

Resources:
    Resources:
    unit is range is specific only for one of the unit, it could be the portal :
    • Unit - A unit comes within 256.00 of Portal 0000 <gen>

that's exactly the same as "unit comes within region" which only work for a specific region