• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Portal Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm trying to make a spell in which a caster creates a portal at the targeted location. A portal can link itself with other portals and units that step into the portal can go back and forth from the other linked portal. A single caster can only put 4 portals per map.

Can someone help me on how can I do this spell?

Level 24
Fiddle with the results from search, if you still cannot manage to reach your desired result come back and let us know your findings.
Search Results for Query: portal spell | HIVE

>fortnite
100.gif

Level 12
Just make the spell summon (or create with trigger) a custom waygate.

A waygate can only have a single teleportation destination, so you'd have to spawn extra invisible (dummy) portals on the same spot for each waygate connection after the first link.

Level 12
there's a neutral buildings category with the waygate triggers

first you enable/disable the waygate and then you set the destination, which would be the position of one of those other waygates.

Level 7
You would need to create a complicated trigger that creates 2 waygates that have portal models, each of which should be triggered to transport the player to the others location, I don't have much experience with this so I don't know what else to tell you. Lastly don't forget to give these units either a cooldown or have them removed by trigger when a certain amount of time elapses.

Level 5
there's a neutral buildings category with the waygate triggers

first you enable/disable the waygate and then you set the destination, which would be the position of one of those other waygates.
I see. I feel stupid for not seeing that trigger action after using WE for years. I would check it out when I get home.

You would need to create a complicated trigger that creates 2 waygates that have portal models, each of which should be triggered to transport the player to the others location, I don't have much experience with this so I don't know what else to tell you. Lastly don't forget to give these units either a cooldown or have them removed by trigger when a certain amount of time elapses.

This way seems possible I would start my progress later.

Status
Not open for further replies.