• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Moving Doodads to Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I need to get the doodads from one map to another what do i do

i did both the exports from the map in object editor and both the imports, the one im tacking from has custom models

Last edited:
Level 11
You need to change their variation. Doodads have many variations, but custom ones have only one. Change their variation to 0 and you should be fine.

Level 5
still says it cant load the mdl these are custom models from a different map and yes they work on the other one

Level 11
Are you sure you're doing it correctly? Maybe you should check how to import and use custom models...

Level 5
do u know where i can find out how to import my terrain to a different map?
that would be much easier than models since im to far in to start over

Level 11
I don't know much about importing stuff from one map to another, but I guess it's not that difficult and a single search will help more than me :)

Level 10
import the file, make sure you have the imported model directory as the model, then save exit, and reopen your WE and the new model will show up as normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.