• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Copying multiple doodades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
yo

Is it somehow possible to copy multiple doodads at once, including their object IDs? Since I want to import structures build out of custom doodads into another map i got the problem that if i copy and paste every doodad from one object editor into another, the IDs are not identical so I would have to build everything again.

Thanks

Level 15
and how do I do that? If I right-click on the doodad there is just the normal copy function, which doesent keep the ID if I paste it onto another map. Also if I click export files from the old map and then import the objects-directory the doodads do not show up.

Importing Object data from a map to a map surely works and this is certain

If not, change the tap in Object Editor to Doodads tap, then export and import to your map

I think JNGP 2.0 has the ability to change IDs. Yet, if there is no solution , you would re-create the whole doodads :/ I don't find a suitable solution

Level 8
Okay, I used the standart export-import fuction for doodads, but as soon as I actually copy and paste the landscape it gives me an error and JNGP crashes. BUT if I copy it into the map without importing the doodad settings before it doesen't crash, the objects are only visible as green boxes through, since there is no ID for them.

Is there any way to fix this? I allready checked, all IDs do get copied right so it must be something else. All needed textures/models are allready imported so it can't be that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.