• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Moving a Unit via Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Good day hivers, again i need your help. I was reading some tutorials on how to move a unit with triggers and what i understood was;
How to move it to a - Point of ability being cast and Position of target, but what i didn't understood was how to move it beyond that point in the same direction, exactly like Shockwave and Carrion Swarm behave. Like you can target both point and units with them but the missile keeps moving further until it reaches it's Distance...
So what i need is the unit to keep moving in the direction of the Facing of the Casting unit until it reaches say 900 Distance. I need something like Set PointVariable = 900 Distance from Facing of Casting Unit.
Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks in advance.

^^ Yes, indeed.

To put it in illustration, the object targets a certain area, and the trigger just nudges it slightly to simulate fluid movement.

Untitled.png

Status
Not open for further replies.