• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Moving a map from NewGen to latest Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So I've been using the NewGen version of World Editor for years now but would like to move all my maps over to the latest WC3 World Editor to make use of the new functions and get them ready for Reforged.

So my question relates to making them compatable.

Unfortunatley NewGen has added alot of additional triggers which cause a crash upon loading the map in the latest editor. And my maps will only load in Newgen with "USMWE" enabed.

I've been told I need to find and remove all the NewGen triggers from my map but I'm not sure where I can find the offending triggers.

Here's the errors I get when I try to open the map in newest WE:

Trigger function does not exist in database: CreateTimer

Trigger function does not exist in database: DiagDestroy

Trigger function does not exist in database: atorCompareTrigger

*Then Crash*

Can anyone here suggest what I should be looking for please?

You need to remove or to replace the extended GUI functions from UMSWE that do not exist in the normal editor. Maybe you can..
  • Disable the UMSWE in NewGen, and then you might already see the result of faulty/deactivated triggers.
    or
  • Go in ObjectManager, and there you can see use-list of certain trigger actions. Find your listed actions like "CreateTimer", and navigate to the triggers.

Level 7
Thank you for the reply, I just tried that but there are so many triggers it crashes the editor when I try and load them all in the object editor. :(

Do you know if theres a way I can export all my triggers to text in one go then I can use the search for text function?

Also, there are many create Timer action triggers in my map, how will I know which one is the NewGen version to delete it?

I just tried that but there are so many triggers it crashes the editor when I try and load them all in the object editor.
*ObjectManager. But what is with first option to disable UMSWE?

Do you know if theres a way I can export all my triggers to text in one go then I can use the search for text function?
Nope, it's not that easy.

Also, there are many create Timer action triggers in my map, how will I know which one is the NewGen version to delete it?
If "CreateTimer" is a GUI-action that is introduced by some 3rd party editor, like by NewGen here, then as said this means the standard editor does now know this GUI action.
So it means all of those new GUI functions do need to be removed.

Edit

Try this out. Make a backup of your map and upload your map on this site, per drag & drop. Ghostwolf made this tool for exactly this use case. (link)
If it works, your new map will be automatically downloaded without any special GUI actions, and without you having to change anything without losing any functionality of your triggers.

Last edited:
Level 23
Edit

Try this out. Make a backup of your map and upload your map on this site, per drag & drop. Ghostwolf made this tool for exactly this use case. (link)
If it works, your new map will be automatically downloaded without any special GUI actions, and without you having to change anything without losing any functionality of your triggers.
This is exactly what I was going to recommend. If you are lucky, it will convert everything over. I have been using Ghostwolf's tool multiple times for campaign files, it is fantastic. The best solution would be if Ghostwolf added your third party editor's trigger data to his system, but he seems to be away from hive for now.

@Marshmalo Ghostwolf's system will list the exact trigger name and the exact map that the faulty trigger is located, if there are any that cannot convert.

Level 7
Hi, sorry for the slow replay and I really appreicate peoples help, but none of the above worked so I kinda just got alittle fed up wiht it!

When I import the map into Ghosts script converter website it won;t work with my map, I get the following error:

Loading Lordaeron TF 0.34.w3x...
Checking
Failed to read the triggers file: Error: Tried to get signature for unknown function "rectcontainscoords"
Did nothing due to errors

What does rectcontainscoords mean and how do I find and delete this? My maps had quite alot of different trigger editors over the past so I am not completely sure of what scripts have been added to it over time. When I tried to open map in the new world editor it disnt say anything about this function.

Level 23
Hi, sorry for the slow replay and I really appreicate peoples help, but none of the above worked so I kinda just got alittle fed up wiht it!

When I import the map into Ghosts script converter website it won;t work with my map, I get the following error:

Loading Lordaeron TF 0.34.w3x...
Checking
Failed to read the triggers file: Error: Tried to get signature for unknown function "rectcontainscoords"
Did nothing due to errors

What does rectcontainscoords mean and how do I find and delete this? My maps had quite alot of different trigger editors over the past so I am not completely sure of what scripts have been added to it over time. When I tried to open map in the new world editor it disnt say anything about this function.
I just found that one way to force Ghostwolf's tool to convert is to convert all triggers to custom script and then put it through his tool. The issue is, whether or not it will be unable to actually work (as in the game) if some triggers that should not have been converted are converted.

Status
Not open for further replies.