• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is NewGen compatible with the latest Warcraft 3 patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I've been looking around a bit and I can't find a solid confirmation what NewGen version is compatible with the latest Warcraft 3. I want to open my map with newgen to fix some terrain that I need to raise to heights above the normal editor limits. But my map uses some of the new trigger editor features like Hashtables and I don't want NewGen to screw that up. Will it be possible for me to open my map, edit the terrain, save it, and then edit it with the normal world editor again without trouble?

Level 5
You are afraid that your triggers might be damaged when editing your map in JNGP and then returning to normal WE. So I advised to just restore the old trigger data after that, so you have your changes and the triggers cannot be hurt.

Ah I understand, yeah that's a good suggestion, thanks! I take it that NewGen v5d will work with the latest patch Warcraft then? (I'm don't have access to it atm)

Status
Not open for further replies.