• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Movement speed modifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Okay, if you look at Silence spell in World editor

you see "movement speed modifier".

So, how does this work?

If it works as negative values (slows enemies) then we have easy mass slow spell, but I don't know how to do this. IF you put the value to 0.60, use spell ingame, i feel like enemies attack speed is boosted.

But, lets assume that this spell works in negative values. So, Now the problem is that how do we get the same negative values slow has?

Thanks.

(off-thread question)

Pocket factory spell.

I changed the factory unit ID model file to Graveyard, and now when i use this spell, this graveyard spawns in game like its being built (the build time is 1 second, and this unit isnt classified as building)

So, I am wondering that how to fix this? I just want pocket factory spell that spawns fully built graveyard.

Level 37
Use negative values for the slow. -0.5 = 50% slowed.

Make sure you have enabled negative values in file -> preferences. You can enter negative values by hitting shift + enter on the data field.

For the pocket factory thing, you can use these triggers:

• Untitled Trigger 133
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Pocket Factory
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on Untitled Trigger 132 <gen>
  • Untitled Trigger 132
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Graveyard
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s stand animation
There's a very minor chance that the trigger fails to be applied on the correct unit. But that chance is so small it could be neglected.

Level 3
Eh, i think you got me wrong. I don't want the spawned units to be different, i want the factory itself be different model.

Level 3
Then what for play stand animation? You mean that when Graveyard plays stand animation it will be fully built asap?
Also, another question. I tried to make Rally spell (increases movement speed of allies)
by Thunder Clap negative values. This didn't work so, I am asking that is there another way to do it in object editor.

Last edited:

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Thunder clap can hit enemies is you change the field Allowed targets.
Also, for increasing ms you can use various stuff: time endurance aura, use scroll of speed ability, negative values of ton other debuffs (cripple, slow, thunder clap) but you can also use abilities like roar and customize fields within.

Status
Not open for further replies.