• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Percent speed modifier without auras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Is there some kind of ability that adds % movement speed (and also removes % movement speed with negative values)? It would also need to stack with itself.

I am thinking of making some kind of slowing system to have more control over effects and I am sort of at a loss for how to do % slows (not that I've really looked into it, but can't think of something that does it).

I am thinking that I could maybe do it with the action that sets a unit's movement speed. If all my slows are managed with that, it should be safe to use it (though I'd definitely need to watch out for edge cases). Anyway, an ability that I can use would be a lot more simple and safe to manage.

Anyone have any ideas?

Level 12
Tornado aura.

Wouldn't this leave a buff though? Is there some way to hide the buff?

I also would like to be able to set the speed to lots of different values, so I'd probably need a lot of levels of that ability which I'd like to avoid if possible.

Wouldn't this leave a buff though? Is there some way to hide the buff?

I also would like to be able to set the speed to lots of different values, so I'd probably need a lot of levels of that ability which I'd like to avoid if possible.
If you don't want a buff, you can use a modified gloves of haste or boots of speed ability.

Level 12
If you don't want a buff, you can use a modified gloves of haste or boots of speed ability.

I already plan to use the gloves of haste ability for the attack speed. My problem is just with the movement speed. Does the boots of speed ability stack? I thought it didn't, and that would cause problems (basically I would need to create many levels to get all the different numbers I want).

I also though boots of speed was flat buff, but I was hoping for a % buff.

I already plan to use the gloves of haste ability for the attack speed. My problem is just with the movement speed. Does the boots of speed ability stack? I thought it didn't, and that would cause problems (basically I would need to create many levels to get all the different numbers I want).

I also though boots of speed was flat buff, but I was hoping for a % buff.
Why don't you just use a bonus mod?

Level 12
Why don't you just use a bonus mod?

I looked around (admittedly not for a long time) and I didn't see one that included % move speed. I think the idea is to just use the normal, built-in function to set unit move speed.

Do you know of one that also includes % move speed functions?

I can try to use the built-in function, but an ability with % slow will be much safer to use - and it would also work with all the other slows in my map without breaking (those slows can be modified to use the built-in function, but I'd have to fix all the slows in my map before it is playable again).

Level 15
Using a movement speed system will be optimal as to not much map has been aware of that method, anyway regards to item attack speed, it doesn't stack if you keep adding the ability it only able to be done by changing the level of that ability therefore I suggest you use multiple levels like 100 levels for example but this requires a strict preload as it will spike on the first loading of the ability.

Level 15
Similiar auras like multiple endurance aura stacks as long as the buffs are different, vice versa, when a different endurance aura uses the same buff, only the higher level buff will be applied, blizzard made this very precise. As for the item attack speed ability, it works individually for each item slot, it seems blizzard had made item inventory system to work like they are one unit per slot, which means 6 items means 6 multiple abilities on different units. That is a guess but it appears to work like that for item attack speed ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.