• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Most powerful/useful Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey

I had been wondering what everyone thought was the most powerful/useful ultimate spell. For me it's a tie between the Crypt Lord Locus Swarm and the Dreadlord's.

Now I'd favor undead in any way, I actually like to play as humans, but Locus swarm damages enemies while regenerating health for an already strong hero, while inferno not only deals initial damage but also gets one amazing melee unit to fight your enemies.

Anyway what's your favorite ultimate(s)?

Level 5
Well my my favorite Ultimate has got to be ressurection

This is largely because if it's done right, the enemy can slay 6 of your units and then you can have your Paladin hero bring them back to life and continue the fight, but you gotta have skills (as well as a bit of luck) doing it otherwise you might not be able to pull it off.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
For large team games, and in the long run, Transmute (Goblin Alchemist). Great to pick off single units. He can activate Chemical Rage to quickly run away. Also a way to contribute to your team's economy if your base has meanwhile been destroyed.

Charm (Dark Ranger) has a somewhat similar effect, but she is a bit more vulnerable, and, if the converted unit does not manage to get away (which it often doesn't), it gives the enemy some experience.

Other than that, I favor Tranquility (Keeper of the Grove). Potent area heal with a relatively low mana cost and cooldown, for an ultimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.