1. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Most powerful/useful Ultimate

Discussion in 'Warcraft Discussion' started by Spear, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Spear

Spear

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey

I had been wondering what everyone thought was the most powerful/useful ultimate spell. For me it's a tie between the Crypt Lord Locus Swarm and the Dreadlord's.

Now I'd favor undead in any way, I actually like to play as humans, but Locus swarm damages enemies while regenerating health for an already strong hero, while inferno not only deals initial damage but also gets one amazing melee unit to fight your enemies.

Anyway what's your favorite ultimate(s)?

2. Prince Aerrus

Prince Aerrus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well my my favorite Ultimate has got to be ressurection

This is largely because if it's done right, the enemy can slay 6 of your units and then you can have your Paladin hero bring them back to life and continue the fight, but you gotta have skills (as well as a bit of luck) doing it otherwise you might not be able to pull it off.

3. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I personally like Mass Teleport. Oh, how wonderful sniping enemy base with Siege Engines. I remember my cousin got angry cause of it.

4. Prince Aerrus

Prince Aerrus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I somewhat agree, but you gotta use it correctly and in the right circumstances, while other ultimates are useful in most circumstances

5. Verticor

Verticor

Resources:
    Resources:
    I largely have preferences for skills with not much hazzle and planning. Demon Form, Avatar, Robo-Goblin... stuff like that. You click a button and... instant bonus. Easy and simple. Call me lazy.

6. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    For large team games, and in the long run, Transmute (Goblin Alchemist). Great to pick off single units. He can activate Chemical Rage to quickly run away. Also a way to contribute to your team's economy if your base has meanwhile been destroyed.

Charm (Dark Ranger) has a somewhat similar effect, but she is a bit more vulnerable, and, if the converted unit does not manage to get away (which it often doesn't), it gives the enemy some experience.

Other than that, I favor Tranquility (Keeper of the Grove). Potent area heal with a relatively low mana cost and cooldown, for an ultimate.