• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mosquito & HIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Warning this is not a news/claims. This is just a question whether you believe it or not. The author is not informing!

Have you ever wandered the possibility that HIV might be spread out through mosquitoes I mean there are many notorious contagious diseases caused by these mosquitoes. Well, their eternal hunger for blood (say human blood) might spread this disease. For a situation like this, when a mosquito will bite an HIV+ person & that same insect will bite a HIV- person & what exactly will happen next, will the last person will become infected? As you have observe, when you kill a well fed mosquito, you could see the blood messing & spreading so most probably under careful series of expirements the blood might be positive of any infectious diseases.

What do you think?

Level 22
That fear is nothing new. In fact, its been discussed for a very long time. However, it requires several conditions to be able to survive outside of a warm body for a prolonged period of time. Insects may not fulfill those requirements. But then again I am no expert on it.

HIV is a problem because of stupidity. It would have never been an issue people simply knew how to keep their pants on. That's just my opinon.

If insects become the next carrying vessel, then what can be done about it? Nothing.
-VGsatomi

Level 5
Mosquitos die after feeding of one person. they have really short lives that just circle around being born, making new mosquitos, eat and die. kind of like our lives, just that we live longer and endure the pain of living longer.
so I dont feel like that information is true, just rumours by panicking people.

and I agree with VGsatomi. it wouldnt be a problem if people could keep their pants on or atleast took precautions. but since people are stupid, we can now loathe them for bringing down humanity.

ahh, you fools, HIV virus cant suvive in a mosquito's body becuse the mosquito's body temperature wont allow the HIV disease to survive. HIV isnt like the bubonic plague, if you put some HIV virus on the table, it wont survive at room temperature. well i'm pretty sure becuse that's what my biology teacher explained to us. but dont be so relieved, mosquitos can carry other diseases like west mile virus and malaia(but malaria isnt found around the US)

Level 9
Afronight_76 said:
ahh, you fools, HIV virus cant suvive in a mosquito's body becuse the mosquito's body temperature wont allow the HIV disease to survive. HIV isnt like the bubonic plague, if you put some HIV virus on the table, it wont survive at room temperature. well i'm pretty sure becuse that's what my biology teacher explained to us. but dont be so relieved, mosquitos can carry other diseases like west mile virus and malaia(but malaria isnt found around the US)

I certainly agree!

SeaGull1723 said:
As far as I'm concerned, don't sleep in bed naked. Otherwise, they're bound to get you.

You mean the mosquitoes?

Level 7
Oo HIV-carriyng mosquitoes? Hiffy young toes? Its a Virus! If anything, the transaction between 2 people and a mosquito had to happen insanely fast (mosquito time) if it were to inject "leftovers" from an infected person into a healthy person - and the mosquito does not inject blood into its victims >_< It only sucks it out. And HIV is strictly limited to the blood, in which it isn't even persistently present in every bloodcell. (its not like the infection is in every damn cell of your blood) Furthermore, mosquitoes more often seek to rest immidiatly after drinking, in order to digest the blood.

FURTHERMORE! HIV doesn't reproduce in insects, and insects can't get infected by it Oo; so the Vira cannot survive in them

Note: Malaria is not a viral disease, but a parasittic disease, and thus invalid as comparison

For the scenario of a mosquito to carry the disease, several haps would have to be fulfilled - It must be a stoned enough mosquito to spill on it self! Then it has to be so insanely lucky, that it drinks from an area where the HIV infection "just that day" happened to be sightseeing. (And the spilled blood would obviously also have to contain HIV) Then it should still be hungry enough to find it neccesary to drink another piece... and find it more funny to fly to another person than the one currently stationed at.... and fly damn fast, because the vira is dying... BUT it is now both Stoned and Drunk, so the mosquito just fly randomly around, and finally finds something that resambles a Rhino... but it was a rock... and it flew into it with insanely high speed... so now it is dead - which the Vira at this point allready were.... meh!

Look at me, returning with all this crap... I better take off again

Status
Not open for further replies.