• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Morphing Ability Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
This is very rare experience and I have experienced this twice.. I have this unit that uses Morph Ability... when it transform and Die, it causes a bug that it can't use the morph ability again.. the ability is somewhat disabled and partially dark colored.. I don't know what really causes it ..but when it does... if I order that unit to attack an enemy.. you can not order it to do other things like cast a spell or go somewhere else unless the target is dead... it's really weird...

Level 5
It sounds like the ability is on cooldown.

What ability did you base your custom morphing ability on? Destroyer Form?
What are the base and alternate unit forms?
Can it morph back to it's base form, or is it a one time transformation?
What do you do with the transformed unit when it dies? Are you ordering a dead transformed unit to attack? Are you reviving it somehow?

To get an answer to those questions and see what's wrong, it would be best if you post a test map and the steps to take to reproduce the problem and also mention what the expected result should be.

Level 13
It sounds like the ability is on cooldown.

What ability did you base your custom morphing ability on? Destroyer Form?
What are the base and alternate unit forms?
Can it morph back to it's base form, or is it a one time transformation?
What do you do with the transformed unit when it dies? Are you ordering a dead transformed unit to attack? Are you reviving it somehow?

To get an answer to those questions and see what's wrong, it would be best if you post a test map and the steps to take to reproduce the problem and also mention what the expected result should be.

•The ability is base on Metamorphosis
•Naga Myrmidon is the base and another Naga Myrmidon but attack type is changed to spells for alternate unit forms
•It has duration which transform back to normal after a given time
•When the bug happens, If I order it to attack, It will attack the target but you can no longer control him again unless the target is dead. Yes, there is a reviving system..

•Well, it's very rare chance to happen but it is really annoying.. I just experienced it twice..

Level 5
•The ability is base on Metamorphosis
•Naga Myrmidon is the base and another Naga Myrmidon but attack type is changed to spells for alternate unit forms
•It has duration which transform back to normal after a given time
•When the bug happens, If I order it to attack, It will attack the target but you can no longer control him again unless the target is dead. Yes, there is a reviving system..

•Well, it's very rare chance to happen but it is really annoying.. I just experienced it twice..

So the transformed unit dies, gets revived, attacks a target and you lose control until the target is dead?

Seeing it only happened twice, I assume you can't reproduce the bug your self. It might have to do with the revival system and the unit using the ability. But without a test map there's not much else I can say about it.

You can try putting debug messages throughout your code to see if the code works as expected.

Level 13
So the transformed unit dies, gets revived, attacks a target and you lose control until the target is dead?

Seeing it only happened twice, I assume you can't reproduce the bug your self. It might have to do with the revival system and the unit using the ability. But without a test map there's not much else I can say about it.

You can try putting debug messages throughout your code to see if the code works as expected.
,,yup

Maybe,, I think so,, :/ ..

Status
Not open for further replies.