• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Trigger Custom Morph Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello,

I can't seem to find a way to order a unit to perform a custom morph through triggers. I created a custom morph ability in the ability editor (using Night Elf Bear Form as a base), and gave a unit the new morph ability. The ability seems to work fine in game (the unit morphs into another unit with the new unit's abilities), but I want to make the unit do this in a cinematic (which requires the morph to initialize through triggers). I can't seem to find any triggers that allow me to "Unit - Issue Order With No Target - Custom Morph Ability". The only actions that are "allowed" are preset, and do not include my new ability. Is there a way to do this through a custom script (which I am a complete Noob at)?

Thanks,
~AJR3

Level 29
  • Unit - Order Your_Unit to Night Elf Druid Of The Claw - Bear Form
Can't use your own custom abilities.
It seems you can use the orderID of the normal spells with your own custom spells but it didn't work for me.

Just use the real bear form and change its states.
remember - you MUST add the ability to your unit before usage.

Level 1
The only problem with that, is that I have already used the Bear Form Ability for another unit (other than Druid of the Claw) and have adapted the morph to that unit's needs. The problem that I am having is being able to have multiple types of morphs that are initialized by triggers. I have tried the Crow Form ability, but it seems to always want to turn my unit only into a crow and ignore the fact that I changed the alternate form of the unit being morphed.

~AJR3

Level 1
I seem to remember that at one point I used World Editor Unlimited, and that had a "bonus trigger" that was titled Morph. Would the creaters of WEU have used custom script to create this?

~AJR3

Level 8
The only problem with that, is that I have already used the Bear Form Ability for another unit (other than Druid of the Claw) and have adapted the morph to that unit's needs. The problem that I am having is being able to have multiple types of morphs that are initialized by triggers. I have tried the Crow Form ability, but it seems to always want to turn my unit only into a crow and ignore the fact that I changed the alternate form of the unit being morphed.

~AJR3

Then you need to use the condition that checks the unit type or is equal to a specific unit. Usually when you use a trigger to order a unit to cast X spell you are specifying a particular unit to do so.

If you are using a unit group where you have three units, one without the ability, one with say Crow Form copied and converted to change the unit into a tree, and one which changes the unit into the bear when you order the unit group to cast crow form spell the one without the spell will do nothing, the one with the tree version will change into a tree the one with the bear form will change into a bear.

If your unit used two of any same kind spell - say you used Crow form Twice to make tree and bear form and you give both to the same unit - then one will be picked to be cast the other will be ignored. In spells that auto cast, like heal, if you turn one on you are turning both on and you may get some interesting results.

There are several morphing abilities, Druid of the Claw, one that changes to hippogriff, Medhiv's Crow form there are some others - you will need to use one of each for your custom spells if you want a single unit to be able to change into different things.

This is perhaps a great time to take a note pad and pen and write down what you want from your morphing abilities and to assign different morphs to different spells.

EXAMPLE:

Crow Form = Tree Form
Druid of the claw = Bear Form
Mount Hippogriff = Dragon Form
Metamorphosis = Wolf Form

For one unit.

If you have multiple units that you want to do different things and will not repeat the list, then you will need to make more copies and assign new forms to the abilities - making certain to keep track of the spell you have tied the form into for each unit type.

Status
Not open for further replies.