Map SpecsCurrent Project Name: Borthers Grimm
Projected Finished Map size: 128 by 128 (Some areas will be black'd out for the inventory/skill tree, and 2-3 areas will be 64 by 64 terrain areas that have random terrain generated.)
Number of Players: 10 players (This might change; but I think i'd rather have as many players in the game as possible)
Max Level: 60+ (This might change)
Background Story: You are a traveler that is unknown by many except for legend. You belong to a group called the Brothers Grimm; a guild that never fears from a challenge even from urban legends and the supernatural. You embark upon a quest to find and defeat many enemies estrange. Among them you may find some things that are supernatural don't always match the theology on them. Your job is to find a way to defeat these unknown or befriend some while building a name for yourself and choosing a side to fight on.
A dragon that hunts other dragons.
A lockness monster that eats more than fish.
An group of hectics that sacrifice themselves for monsters from inside another dimension.
A witch that feasts on the souls of the living stealing the souls of youth.
A scientist that studies the dead to resurrect his wife.
A forest that seems to be alive which has a mind of its own.
A globe that tells your fate.
A ghost that haunts even the dead.
A man that is cursed to live forever.
A spider that eats its young.
A vampire that cannot control his ghouls.
A train that never stops for it's passengers.
- General Gameplay: Fight in an ever changing field of terrain with abilities that develop as much as the character develops. Nearly endless game-play that will also offer PVP and Raids.
- Terrain: Terrain will be scroll'd as you finish some waves of enemies as you direct a caravan which way to travel. Towns and dungeons will be randomly generated.(Might even improve to layered terrain with multiple levels soon.)
Atmosphere: There will be custom lighting, fog, and weather effects that will add realism to the project.
Realistic Day N Night: Day and night that has sun/moon cycles with clouds etc.
Models: There are many models being created and work'd on for this project already (Most are small in size but offer great benefits to the project). Models are imported as they are finished and as they are used trigger wise.
Realistic Raids System:You will be able to raid generated castles with destructible walls that are mainly only target-able by certain siege weaponry. There will be several ways to over come the walls; but it will not be an easy battle since castles are well fortified.
Semi-Random Pre-terrained dungeons: There will be dungeons that are pre-terrained via triggers.
- Full-Screen Inventory: This game features a full screen inventory that will have unique features. Including item sets, an arrow quiver system/throwing weapon system, selling (that gives money based on number of arrows/quivers for the item price),resists, and multiple stats.
Trade System: An trade system where players can put items in a trade window to trade with another player.
Merchant System: Merchants will stock up on items as they travel to towns.
Auction System: An auction system where players can sell items to other players for money. More about this will be revealed later.
- Enemies: Most enemies will feature some sort of special way of attacking that will be unique and counter-able playstyle.
Scaling Difficulty: Difficulty of enemy units will be based upon number of players playing and the difficulty mode selected.
Hack n Slash: Enemies will most likely be constructed so that they can be hack'd n slash'd removing body parts or being slit in half etc. More details about how this will function will be relayed to the team.
- Talent Trees: (Probably the most complex part of the map aside from the inventory)
The talent trees will evolve based on spells chosen and the class type you train under as, which are choose-able in-game at certain level markers. Sub-classes will be added later on most likely.
- Save/Load: The map will save full-screen inventories, talents, spells, and resists and the whole shi-bang for regular bnet play. This will all load with you typing your code in the new game. Your code will most likely be saved to your computer in a .txt file for easier/quicker save/load.
- [PVP] Player vs. Player:There will be some form of PVP where you can opt to fight in teams,ffa, or 2 player duels. This might also be connected with the realistic raids system (will be decided later on).
You also may apply to fit multiple positions.
All positions require:Good amount of skill/knowledge required:
- Experienced in vJASS(1 year + probably)
- Be able to work together with me via skype to finish some systems that are mostly done
- Should be able to use scripts to their advantage
- This isn't the normal type of terraining; you'll be terraining using scripts
- vJASS knowledge is required
- Will coordinate with the group ideas to better the generated terrain
- Possibly be able to improve the terraining scriptsMedium skill/knowledge required:
- Must be able to create quest type stories and plots
- Has some say in how bosses function
- Must be able to create story lore
- Can give ideas for spells/classes/talents/items etc.
- Should be able to create promoting images(Loading Screen and logos)Little skill/knowledge required:
- Must be able to accept criticism
- Must be able to work with filesize limits
- Should be able to know how to add in-game skins to models
- Modelers can work on stuff as slow as they want but should show some progress
- Must be able to at least transfer animations from one model to another
- Should understand how lighting models function and be able to add them to other models
- I will teach people how to do this just hoping i can split work between them a bitNo application necessary:What you get from joining:
- A project that will be fun to play/test.
- A project that will be interesting to develop.
- First-hand look and creation of an rpg that might break a lot of preconceptive ideas of how an rpg should function.
- There will be deadlines; but no real punishments for not completing them.
(Basically, to encourage progress and keep updates flowing)
When you apply you should answer a few questions:
Do you have skype; and whats your skype name?
Do you have JNGP?
What languages do you speak?
Which position are you applying for?
How long you been doing your thing?
How long you been mapping?
What times are you usually available?
Why should I pick you instead of other people(showing past work here is definitely recommended, but not required)?
Is there anything you'd like me to know?
- Switch33(Corner-Pocket on wc3 USEast)-Project Manager, Ideaist, Scripter, some modeling
- Maddeem-Some relayed work
- Bloody_Turds-(teaching me how to model in some cases)
- Risk.frishers- Terrainer
ScreenshotsMore screenshots will be added)
ScreenShot 1: Shows the inventory(with the sell button), the arrow system, and attachments being shown as equip'd in the inventory. The empty window on the left will most likely be a shop or trade window and the empty window on the right will most likely be a stats display with resists where you can spend points as you level. The multiboard descriptions of items is most likely going to change a lot.
ScreenShot 2: Added the Stats UI. I will add buttons for spending stats soon and then eventually add some texttags for numbers.
ScreenShot 3: Improved the Stat UI. Added buttons and re-worked layout a lot.