• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Kill 'em All Hack 'n Slash Dungeon Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Kill 'em All Hack 'n Slash RPG Dungeon Map

Introduction
Comment by RBE: Anything stated bellow might change when project starts.
Another comment by RBE: Kill 'em all is not the name of the map.

Looking for a team to make a map similar to Diablo style of maps, hack 'n slash dungeon style map. Ever since I saw Diablo 3 trailer and played Cloudwolf and his team's Diablo 3 map, I want to make this map. Map will have some standard RPG elements. Don't get me wrong, all the inspiration comes from those thing, but map will be unique.

Gameplay

Map will be designed for 2-4 or maybe even more players but should include Single player mod. There will be anti-cheat system, but we might include secret passwords that will be scattered around map in form of puzzles and mysterys. I was also thing of save and load system but not just any. I was thinking to make after this map another, in the same style and players could load their Heros from this map into that map. But this is optional.

Equipment system will be used ( kinda dumb wielding 3 swords,ehh? ). Due only six-slot inventory, each player will have a bag with extra six slots. Some bosses will be able to drop additional bags.

Dynamic Combat will be one of most important features. This includes jump abilitys, knockbacks, filter actions, eye-candy spells and much more. Normal mob fights will be exciting and boss fights will be very difficult if not impossible for disfunctional and careless party.

Terrain will be very nice. My goal with terrain is to make it so nice that on some places players will just stop and admire it.

Who do I need?

I need a Trigger guy who will make triggers ( :hohum: ). I perfer expirienced JASSER but anyone with good GUI knowledge will be good. I myself can make quite alot of triggers but someone better is needed.

Terrainer is also needed, I can make terrains by myself ( and they ain't bad ) but I'm sure that someone wy much better can be found. Just post a picture of your work or link to some of your works (picture,map whatever).

Testers are not yet required but thir turn will come.

Anyone ele who wants to join and help can ask and might get hired. It is important that nobody slows the progress and to announce forward when they are going to be absent.

Final note: sry about grammar :)

The Team

Triggers - Rllulium
Terrain, Triggers - Mendel
Story, Quests - Edhel - Dur
Terrain, Object Editor - RBE

Last edited:
Level 9
Interesting, yes - but I think you're being too ambitious here. Creating a map such as you describe can take months, if not longer. Until you've got a basic map up and running, there's a pretty good chance people won't tag along.

I suggest you either make a more solid plan (list features, subfeatures and general map concept), or actually start creating the map and try to get as far as possible yourself.

Anyhow, good luck!

Level 1
This is very interesting, because I have been working on a similar project for while, but I ran into trouble upon realising what a tremendous amount of work it meant. In any case, I would be glad to team up with you if you want to, better we get one map finished than none.

For the record, I do triggers in vJASS (Basic systems is the only thing that I have actually finished for my old project, as I cannot bear myself to look upon what terrain I create).

Level 9
K, this is what I got.
Trigger dude - Rllulium, you can do this but I dont think that everyone has JNGP so I guess you r going to use just JASS if posible
Terrainer - Mendel
Story and stuff - George (aka Edhel - dur )

Story dude needs to talk with Mendel about terrain.
BTW get msn so we can contact each other.
Mine is [email protected]

Level 1
Status
Not open for further replies.