• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] More maps in one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Heya!

How to make something like in "Rexxar bonus campaign": My hero in start map (1) enters for example tunnel and goes to another land (map 2) and I want to save him with his XP, spells, items etc. and load map (2) and then make him able to get back on map 1.. Is there any tutorial to make something like more maps in one? And bonus question: Can I do it in campaign? For example under champter one will be 5 maps or something like that..

Level 28
I'll answer your bonus question first: yes, that's possible :).
In the campaign screen, you don't have to show all maps. So hide your map from the campaign screen and then use it with the method you need to do your original question.

It works with Game Caches (primarily) Tutorial: Game Caches.
Once you understand what Game Caches are and how they work, you can move on to Tutorial: Transitions Among Campaign Maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.