• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I link maps ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CYD

CYD

Level 4
Hello everybody.

I would like to make a map with separated areas, that the player can enter and exit without quiting the mission or else. Just like the Orc bonus Campaign with Rexxar, for example.

Anyone has a good tip for me ?

Thank you,
CYD

Last edited:

CYD

CYD

Level 4
Woops, rectification, I wrote "campaign" but I meant "map".

@ Hairy : thanks my friend, I'll check your file.

Level 6
Partition your map area. Make each inaccessable/unleavable by "move" - use cliffs, or terrain boundaries, etc..

To allow units to move between partitions, you can either make a trigger that moves the query unit to point X on the area moved onto when it enters point Y of the area moved from; or you can put Waygates all over.

Reactions: CYD

CYD

CYD

Level 4
Thank you all. As Bounty Hunter said, I don't wanna make teleportings across one map, but links everal maps to make separated zones, just like hum ... let's say, Baldur's Gate, for example. You now, one city with several zones.

I'm gonna check your link, bounty hunter.

And again, thank you everyone, feels good to be helped. + rep for you all.

CYD

CYD

Level 4
Mmmmh, all this is tricky.

I made two maps, Cache1 and Cache2. I read carefully the tutorial about cache, I made everything by the book.

But still, when my Hero enters the teleporting region, and the game should load the map Cache2, the game freezes a little, and comes back to the map selection screen. Looks like he doesn't find the map, or he cannot open it.

Any idea ?

I'll upload screenshots of the triggers later.

EDIT : screenshots :

Step 1 - First map, creating the cache.
http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image10aw3.png

Step 2 - First map, teleporting trigger.
http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image11wa5.png

Step 3 - Second map, loading the hero.
http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image12vi2.png

Thanks,
CYD

CYD

CYD

Level 4
Yep, I did, but same problem - when the hero enters the zone, the game comes back to the campaign main screen.

Boohoo ...

CYD

CYD

Level 4
I'm currently doing, I'm gonna try and tell you what happened.

For the victory conditions, could you give me an example of the trigger to be done ?

And do you know someone who has already made a campaign with this kid of zone triggers ?

Thank thousand times :)

CYD

CYD

Level 4
I have put the trigger but it doesn't work. Okay, I'm just gonna keep on trying ...

BTW I tried to +rep you again but it didn't work either.

CYD

CYD

Level 4
Yeah that might be it ! I'll check it out.

EDIT:
That works !!! Thanks a lot idolik, the map loads itself. Now I juts have to work on the game cache ... I know I ask much, but do you know how to make a hero reappear in an other map using the game cache ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.