• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Monsters' Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
For my current project.

I've been trying to come up with monster abilities lately. Here's what I got.

• Life Steal attack - Every attack deals life steal giving the monster health everytime it hits the hero. Monster will gain 25% life based on the damage dealt to the hero
  • Life Steal - Creates a connection between hero and the monster that steals the health the hero for 15 seconds
  • Exhaustion - Every attack that deals damage to the monster will decrease the energy/mana of the hero by 10
  • Energy Steal - Creates a connection between hero and the monster that depletes the energy of the hero for 15 seconds
  • Charge - Charges to the player in straight line causing damage when not evaded.
  • Slam - Monster slams the groound causing AOE damage in its postion and knocks back nearby attackers
  • Charge with Knockback - Charges to the player in straight line causing damage and knockback when not evaded
  • Minion Spawn/Swarm - Spawn minions that helps the monster
  • Egg Spawn - Create eggs near the monster that hatch after 120 seconds. When the eggs hatch it will spawn minions, but this can be prevented by destroying the eggs.
  • Beam - Creates a straight deadly laser that deals continuous damage at the front
  • Tail Whip - Deals damage when at the back of the monster, and knockbacks the hero. Very much like Slam except the AOE at the back is centered at the tail of the monster.
  • Spines - Deals damage to nearby players constantly, player must not go near the monster
  • Fortify - The boss becomes invulnerable for 15 seconds
  • Multishot - Ranged bosses (like Quillboars) can launch multiple missile at the front
  • Tornado - Launches tornado in straight line that stuns the hero when hit
  • Flamethrower - Creates a flamethrower centered at the monster which rotates in 360 degrees that can cause fire damage to all nearby heroes (Fire is a projectile).
  • Fireball - Monster launch fireballs that leaves fire to targeted areas, causing position disadvantage for the player. Fire damage will periodically damage the player.
  • Fire trail - Monster continuously leaves fire trail, causes fire damage to player. Lasts for 15 seconds and casted every 60 seconds
  • Enrage - Causes double damage for 20 seconds
  • Iceball - Like fireball but causes AOE frost damage to targeted areas. Frost damage slows the player
  • Ice Impale - Impales in three directions that slowing damaged targets
  • Shock bolt - Creates electric projectiles in front of the mosnter that can stun the hero when hit
  • Blink/Instant Dash - When hero is going too far from the monster, the monster can use dash to go closer quickly
  • Lightning ward - Creates a tower/ward near the monster that attacks the hero
  • Invisibility - Monster becomes invisible for 15 seconds. Monster can still attack while invisible
  • Vines - Like fireball and iceball but does not cause fire or frost damage to targeted areas. Vines prevent the hero from casting an ability
  • Harden - Makes monster immune to 50% damage for 20 seconds
  • Prism - The monster creates 6 wards near the hero blocking the projectiles coming from the hero
  • Clone - Creates a clone when in 10% Health (only casted once). Clones can deal the same damage as the original.
  • Projectile Resistance - When casted all projectiles that goes near the monster will be destroyed. Lasts 20 seconds.
  • >>> To continue <<<

[I still haven't came up with poison abilities yet - too tired to brainstorm at the moment].

These ideas utilize Projectile System which allows me to destroy or modify travelling projectiles.

If anyone can help me expand the list I'll really appreciate it.

You are free to use these ideas, I'm pretty sure we will execute these abilities differently anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.