• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Special Hero and Monster Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
EDIT: I changed my mind. my priority list is now as follows:
Monsters
Mystic
I need the monsters done before the mystic, yeah.
I'm not sure why but i guess somewhere I typed that I wanted mystic done first.
Maybe I was just very skeptical that I could pull it off. I'm not anmore. Now I just want lots of fun monsters for the mystic to play with before I design him...because for every new monster ability that comes out that he can absorb, I have to go back and edit him again...
Also, the main hero design problems that have given me the most grief are:
Syllabear sort of Summon ability.
I think I came up with a way around this, to have summons able to carry items.
It's not exactly the same as was done in dota, but it works I think ok.
The other difficult thing which I have still not found an answer to is...
Making druid of the talon or prophet morph into a crow/raven and back again.
What, do you have to use the Robo-Goblin ability for this? That's my next guess...nothing else seems to be working. Any help on this, greatly appreciated.
//ok end of Editing first post.

if i had to rank everything,
the ones i want to get done the most right now are ranked like so:

Mystic
Monsters (Even monster designs is good!)
Rune Master
Arcana Master

Mystic the biggest problem i have is i haven't got the graphics on his three main abilities done yet.

For Monster designs to be effective, they should preferably have a spell or two. And they need a common, uncommon and rare drop item list. Of course this means you have to design items at the same time, lol. The good news is right now I just need the monster designs. I can figure out how to program the monsters myself, I just need some ideas. And preferably one out of every 3 or 4 monster submissions should have a spell that can be absorbed by the Mystic, and an Attribute Bonus given to the mystic as long as that ability is absorbed into his Mystic Weapon.
An Example might be like so:

Fearsome Wendigo
3500 HP
400 Mana
4 Armor
Item Drop Common, Uncommon, Rare
Wendigo Hide(clothing that adds 4 armor), Heart of a Wendigo(consumable, gives permanent +2 to Str), Talisman of Terror(Reduces armor of enemies that come within 400 range by 4)
Abilities
Big Slam(75 mana)*, Gruesome Howl(125 mana)
*Able to be learned by the Mystic Hero(gives weapon a plus 12 str and plus 2 int)

Rune Master and Arcana Master are kinsfolk of the Mystic more or less and so they are a top priority also.

The other stuff I mentioned if you want to work on it, that's great but those others aren't as important as the ones I just mentioned.

so i'm going to post all my most relevant current notes so you can see what's going on right now with my map...

I need some designing and some programming...especially with graphics...

JASS:
//a mage hunter

//model looks like maybe it's a dude but it's a gal
//i don't have a readme for the unit model so i'll have to check for the maker of it

//ability ideas:
//make a fairie dragon item carrying summon
//which can fly...
//make a ability like mana flare, mana burn, phase shift...any of those
//make a ability like evasion
//make a ability like locust swarm with fairie dragons...trigger something else with them
// with that...
//make a ability like...pings the minimap when an enemy casts a spell...detects casters
//make ability like... dota anti mage ultimate
//make ability like dota mana leak

//my KOTG will probably be furion himself
//make furion have hide ability when not on steed
//make furion have greater movespeed while on steed
//
//
//yeah i don't know how to do the changing models thing with a hero...
//fairie fire skill...
//ultimate skill...
//like naga from dota maybe...
//entangle passive attack skill...
//need 2 more abilities...
//maybe skill of turning trees into wisps which can detonate or whatever...
//maybe use that crazy poison bomb stuff from that contest...
//maybe use a versionn of the dryad from dota''s untouchable abilityy...
//banish?, sleep?
//make thornsaura passive that makes attacks sometimes spawn a tree?

//MONSTER SECTION
//so far the only incentive to get this section done is to be able to finish up the mystic hero
//ok...i think i'll put in humans(or dwarves, elves, etc), mechs, monsters...including wendigos, 
//wolves, flying enemies...fairies...etc...

//idea is for every kind of 'forest monster' to drop items, ten percent chance.
//like, 6 percent chance common item, 3 percent uncommon, and 1 percent rare items...

//basically the item set of common, uncommon and rare depends on the type of enemy...

//obviously monster type forest monsters will be able to have ability sets to be absorbed, as
//well as stats to give to mystic hero...

//make little forest monster avatar units that attack you and then trigger them to be replaced by
//unit pools of forest monsters...according to the unit type of the forest monster avatar

//doing the above avatar idea lets you trigger looking at the unit getting attacked by the avatar
//and seeing what the hero level is...there can be higher end units coming if the hero level is higher

//forest monster drops...humans will perhaps carry items you get from the shops...
//reg monsters i'm not sure what they'll drop...fangs or hide or something...
//mechs...some kind of heavy artillary maybe stunning items or something idk...
//mystics/fairies would drop some magical items maybe letting you cast spells or whatever...

//yeah i kinda figured out what i want to do with creeps but i haven't gotten
//around to designing any...like if you want to make a hero but you think your
//hero is too lame to be a hero, maybe he can be a creep!

//more monster ideas!!
//fel orc car model ideas
//forest monster idea here

//so it can be big, maybe a high end unit for cars/vehicles or else part of a fel orc group
//or even both groups...
//abilities would be something like...

//a berserk ability...a flamebolt ability...
//and that might be good enough...

//RUNEMASTER ABILITIES
//victory rune

//castable on allies or self...
//increases attack of the target according to target's intelligence
//possibly Intelligence * Levelofability
//probably lasts for only 2 attacks

//hide rune

//hides target for x seconds according to target's agility
//possibly agility/10 * Levelofability
//or... according to intelligence of the caster? prob not...
//causes unit to be invulnerable probably...until he loses invisibility

//vitality rune

//heals the target for every time the target attacks according
//to target's strength
//possible strength * level of ability...

//for all...or...there is a limit to the enhancement...according to a
//certain ammount there is a limit for each level...or something along these lines

//lastly...soul rune

//castable only on self...
//doubles str, agil, intel, for possibly 15/30/45 seconds...
//when it's over, takes away 1/8 tophp and all mana or gives a reduction in stats...
//stats return when target reaches full hp and half capacity of mana perhaps...
//that mana requirement supposes it takes away all mana. the requirement might be a
//quarter or somthing like that capacity instead...or maybe just a raw number.

//ARCANAMASTER ABILITIES
//death knight obviously...

//death card

//castable on enemies...
//takes away 1/8 tophp from the enemy...
//reasonable cooldown, chance of taking away hp...reasonable mana cost

//shield card

//gives oh...perhaps 25 percent boost to target's armor per level

//saber card
//perhaps deals damage according to intelligence of caster to target.
//possibly Intelligence * Levelofability

//grail card
//create crazy status effects to hit the target with...could have a lot of fun
//triggering this ability!!
//also if cast on ally it heals of status effects...??

//for all...or...there is a limit to the enhancement...according to a
//certain ammount there is a limit for each level...or something along these lines

//lastly...tower card

//castable only on enemies...
//uses all mana...
//damages according to the mana used...ultimate ability obviously..
//figure out the exact math later...it's a doozy.

//uses all intelligence??  intelligence gained when out of combat.  1 point per
//3/2/1 seconds perhaps...
//deals mana point damage to hp plus intelligence * ten damage to hp

//saber card is probably the least interesting of these, it'll probably get cut.

//THIS IS THE BIG HERO IDEA!!
//MYSTIC ABILITIES
dreadlord model...
or bloodmage or whatever...something mysticky...
mystic abilities

//mystic sword
//able to absorb monsters and gain their abilities

//mystic gloves

//mystic boots

//so, monsters have sword, gloves, boots enabling abilities.
//basically at the same time, the monsters will give stat bonuses.
//when new monsters are absorbed, old monster stat bonuses and abilities go away.
//each mystic weapon is able to be leveled up to level 5.
//this matches 15 skill points used for abilities.

//ahh...math isn't done yet but sword is available first, and then gloves,
//then boots...
//instead of attribute bonus hero can learn hp and mana bonus, or something like
//that...of course, icon will not show...so that gives another 10 skill points
//to be had for the proper total of 25.

//at level 1 the weapon will have perhaps 20 percent chance to absorb a monster
//each level after gives another 10 percent chance.

//also, increasing the level of the weapon will increaase the power of
//the absorbed ability...or some bonus like that i guess...

//
//
//
//make a druid of the talon hero...
//
//
//make him have ability for cyclone...
//this ability is like naga sea witch ultimate
//this will have a nice cooldown and probably 4 levels
//
//
//make him have a sniff the wind ability?
//nah...change this to something else...
//illuminate might work quite nicely since
//it already adds fairie fire anyway...
//
//
//
//perhaps give him thornwine armor ability...
//
//
//let him morph into a crow so he can fly...make it temporary
//as if he's using metamorphosis...while he's in crow form he
//can detect invisible units...
/////////having problems with the gui on this...
//
//

the biggest thing that i'm really far behind on is the monsters.
and i think it would maybe waste some time if i started working on them before i got my mystic finished...

i don't really need model or skin ideas for him...
i can figure that out on my own. and as you can see i've already figured out what his abilities are going to be.

i've played around with an idea here or there for his basic abilities...but anyway i'm still kinda fuzzy around the edges as to how i'm going to pull it all off...

i guess the main thing i may be after right now for him is some nice graphics for those three main abilities of his...
mystic sword should look like he pulls out a sword which he normally doesn't have, and he attacks with it. gloves i kinda want him to spin around like the warden does when she does fan of knives. that's probably kindof easy...the mystic boots i want the mystic to basically jump at the target and then bounce back a little on impact. with the gloves maybe it would be cool if he does a little dance toward the target but if it's just like a melee range or close to it attack and he spins around, that's fine too. the pulling out a sword from nowhere and the kicking seem more difficult at the moment...

so anyway if you don't got any idea how to do the spells like i mentioned, maybe you can just design some monster ideas for me. reading my notes should give you an idea of what i'd like...

Last edited:
Level 18
If you want me to help you, explain more what abilities got the mystic, I dont very got what you said about absorbing...

I can give you lots of monster idea, items to drop and ability, but I need to know what you need before.

Level 13
glad you thought so, jsprat!

heh heh. anyway yes this idea of mine is just as you said.

and monster ideas...

basically dunno if i mentioned it already but what i've decided on is...

monsters drop 3 different items.

a rare, an uncommon, and an uncommon item.

so i need ideas for those items, and ideas for the monsters.

like, i think making up new monsters...like people make up new heroes, you know?

i saw a cool whirlpool ability one time that might work good on a hydra that can walk around in the water, for example. as for items...
he could drop some items that have icons like naga upgrade icons...
that's just one example. obviously you can be more or less detailed than what i just did here but yeah.

for items really just make up whatever...they're not really items used by the monsters unless of course that's included in our monster design. and that might very well work out ok. i think you can force a monster to use an item...i'll have to test this of course...otherwise we can simply make the monster have an ability just like the ability for the item. so that it would simply appear that he monster was using the item, get what i'm saying?

basically use whatever inspiration you can find, there is no limit, just make sure you mention where the inspiration is from.

like for example if you design a monster like from a particular final fantasy game you mention that and what the monster was called or something like that...

basically the idea behind the mystic absorbing, how it's working is that some of the monsters will have one ability which will be absorbed. not all of them. you do not even necessarily have to come up with abilities that are to be absorbed. that's just a bonus if you do. i do however, want you to try to come up with the ability ideas for the monster, even if it means making new spells or finding spells that are normally thought of as being a hero spell...i can always decide a certain ability/spell should be one that can be absorbed by the mystic. you don't have to make that call if you don't want to. just design the monsters.

edit: AS IT STANDS NOW...I might decide to not include the rune master or arcana master in the final version of the map...i'm not sure. i'm unconcerned with them at the moment. i might start working on some monster ideas soon of course and i want as many ideas as possible...and hopefully you guys will turn out some interesting stuff.

basically i can handle anything about the mystic on my own, i just want a lot of good monster ideas and designs. i need the monsters to be worked on and finished before i can start working on my mystic.

you can use regular in game models...everythingyou can choose except the ones i already reserved for other units...i might as well list them here...
soul theft orb (skeleton lord orb)
skeleton lord model(custom model)(is called death ninja)
herowarden(iron maiden)(is called valkyrie) skin
illidan (is an icey skin hero, hero previously postponed, but due to recent developments, i will be able to use this hero) skin
demon hunter (is darth bandon) skin
bloodmage(is warlock, sortof the opposite of the dota invoker) skin - ideas for this hero welcome!
spellbreaker (he's a hero, like a mix of magina, syllabear, and silencer)
raider (a hero from an unknown map that i eventually will have most likely)
treant (allied army unit)
corrupted treant (allied army unit)
druid of the claw (subject to change allied army unit)
satyr trickster ( subject to change allied army unit)
mountain giant (allied army unit, like the ranged siege unit from dota sortof, or like a tower)
bloodhunter (he's a hero that specializes in day time fighting, like opposite of night stalker from dota)custom model
night elf blademaster (a female warrior hero trained by orcs like the nightstalker sortof)
prophet (a hero using wind, subject to change to druid of the talon) model
sephiroth (final fantasy 7) model - yeah i got him halfway done...
cloud (final fantasy 7) model - well i finished one spell...
spirit walker (he's a hero using ice and light) named tavaunum after the guy who designed the hero...although he used the overused blood mage model in his test map...
void lord (it's kindof a cross between void walker and flame lord...hero is like an antimage or something like that) custom model
carnun warrior (yeah he looks like arthas but with all grey clothing and a crazy almost rainbow colored sword) custom model blademaster animations
Odin (name subject to change) it's called black knight haven't really designed him but it's great model...
Thag (a blue troll blademaster hero) custom model
yojimbo (blue troll samurai) custom model name of hero based on japanese legend yojimbo...
naga sea witch (a hero with orc abilities)
darth revan (hero) custom model
naga siren, naga summoner, all murlocs and murguls (summons or heroes)
Revenant of the sea (hero)
Revenant of Death (hero)
a giant sea turtle (colors are blue, green and red, color undecided)
the warden(Assassin) (hero) skin
dark ranger (hero that's darker than regular dark ranger)
banshee, ghost (summons from dark ranger)
fire lord, lava spawn, fire elemental (all for my fire hero) the elemental is a custom model
jaina (hero) skin
probably will use a keeper of the grove but i'm thinking he's going to be furion himself so you can use the melee hero keeper of the grove for a monster model.
wisp (special scouts)
shade (special scouts)
tavern(itemshop)
tomes(hero summoning buildings)
cactus(just special decoration)
flowers(just special decoration)
wheat(just special decoration)
farseer(an itemshop merchant)
huntress(an itemshop merchant)
snap dragon(an itemshop merchant)
carrion beetle(an itemshop merchant)
chimaera roost(an itemshop)
coral bed(an itemshop)
fountain of ...(yeah it's a healing center)
phoenix fire attack, fairie dragon attack, obsidian destroyer attack(for my warlock)
and that's the list of all the models that i'm already using forsomething else.

as long as you're not using the above stuff, i'll probably accept it.

suggestions:
ancient warrior is a sweet model but i doubt i can make him into a hero...
idea for this custom model is he will be like the roshan of the map. i got one good ability for him i think where he'll throw a ball and chain sortof thing at you that'll make it so you can't run away so easily...not sure if i like the idea but i'm open to suggestions. maybe i'll make it so he has a ball and chain too but the one he casts on you is temporary. any other spell ideas for him?

he looks like a a keepr of the grove melee or like an ancient protector but lean and mean or whatever anyway you might also consider using some night elf ancients as monsters :)

lich has two models, a "cinematic" and a regular one. basically one looks more like an egyptian than the other. very little difference but since i probably won't make a hero with him you can make him into a monster.
same goes for crypt lord, death knight...and lots of other fun heroes or creeps or whatever that you didn't see in the above list.

so yeah i want to have a lot of different monsters, preferably taken from a wide variety of designers...so please everyone at least take a small part in this...you will receive credit in the trigger section documentation where the monster is for your monster design.

Last edited:
Level 18
Unit - Model/Icon - Abilities - Common Item [Icon] - Rare Item [Icon] - Unique Item [Icon]

(from Warman45's idea)
Pyro Lizerd (instead of Lizard, to create a unique race, you find another name) - Snapping Drake - Fireballs (autocast a fireball every x seconds) - Lizerd Teeth Claw [Icon] - Rubis (created from the Lizerd's flames, can be sold) [Bloodfather's Hearth] - Lizerd Scale Armor [Naga Armor Upgrade]

Wandering Ghost (makes a unit who moves faster than regular) - Banshee or Ghost - Haunt (instantly blink to the target, dealing small damages to nearby enemy units) - None - Phantom Book (allow to cast some dark abilties) [Banshee Training] - Ghost Essence (increases inteligence, mana regen and allow to cast "Etheral Form" self every x seconds) [Icon]

Rider Hillrunner (Hillrunner is a people living in the moutains) - Brown Magnotaur - Crush (Has x chance to stun and knockback) - Rider Spear [Elf Ranged Upgrade] - Skin Made Hillrunner Armor [Icon] - Hillrunner Totem (Increases Inteligence and allow to cast "Meditation" which disable attacks but restores hit points on time) [Witch Doctor Training]

The last but not the least ;)
Miror Bird - Faerie Dragon - Miror (every damages taken has x chance to create an illusion) - Miror Bird Feather (Increases agility by x) [Icon] - Miror Bird Claw (increases damages by x) [Icon] - Miror Bird Jewel (a rare stone which is created by the miror bird. it bears it it's whole life and keeps reforging it. Can be sold.) [Icon]

That's all I have, good afternoon :)

Last edited:
Level 13
it's a good start, although i might mention it might not be possible to use the ghost/banshee model but we'll see... i'll work on that stuff and post back later after i've worked on it a bit.

warman45...at first i thought you were joking...and, hmm, maybe you are, but i suppose the idea does have some potential. i'll think about it. was there a particular custom model that you had in mind for this? one that springs to mind but i don't know how naga-like it is would be the one from that map at... http://epicwar.com/maps/118857/ that green snake hero is sortof lame but i wondering if this was the sort of model you were talking about...

Status
Not open for further replies.