• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is this interesting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Just want to ask if this idea is interesting or not.. just for my friend.. you can comment yes or no and it will be good if you add more details on your yes/no..

GAMEPLAY

The idea is a Single-Player map with killing monsters theme. The player can go to different places to slay monsters and obtain items from the monsters.

The place will have different types of killing monster mechanics like

Unlimited Killing
The player can decide when to leave the place and stop killing

Timed Killing
The player will be given time to kill monster that will spawn.

Clear Killing
The player must kill all the monster in that place to leave.

Boss Killing
The player can kill the boss if he want to leave the place.

RANDOMIZATION

Everytime the player decide to go to a place to kill the monsters, the monsters will gain random abilities and stats and also drop random items.

DIFFICULTY

The places where player can kill monster will have a difficulty so the impossible difficulty will contain more monster than hard difficulty.

HEROES

Control 5 Heroes (of course you can have 1 or 2 or 3 if your not really good at controlling 5)

Sell/Preserve one of your heroes for another slot of the hero you want to buy.

Upgrade Hero. Once one of your hero reach the maximum level you can upgrade it to a new improved version

ITEMS

You can obtain items by killing monster.

There are also legendary items you can create using the required items which can be obtained by killing monster.

TERRAIN

The terrain of the place will be different like from an icy dungeon, fiery dungeon, invaded castle, corrupted forest, plaqued villages but will mostly revolve around the theme "invaded by the hell and darkness".

END GAME

- It has no end game because every version will add a new content that the player can play with.

- The player must gain as much progress as he can on the current version so in the next version he can do the content fastly and easily

- You can only finish all the game content if i won't add a new version anymore.

SAVE PROGRESS

- The player can save his progress so he can continue it on the new version. Warcraft Save/Load will not be used. It will use the CodeGen save/load

PLAYER'S PURPOSE IN PLAYING THE MAP

- To design epic combinations of heroes
- To slain different monsters and test their abilities and skills
- To discover new places
- To create epic items
- To win every places on impossible mode

BUT WHAT IF THIS ISN'T IDEA ANYMORE?.. and the basic system like the hero system and the dungeon types are done?.. oh..

Last edited:
Level 30
This looks good of an idea. Yes, this is interesting because:

Gameplay:
-because there are different mechanics on things which we dont see that much in maps.

Randomization:
Most games nowadays are too predictable or mainstream. And it lacks variation in most stuffs and I like that this idea of yours will present a new type of game where everything is random. Everything's possible! For me, this is your strongest feature and should be really implemented.

Difficulty:
-Looks cool that the monster count will scale with the difficulty. Not that unique but interesting.

Heroes:
-Controlling 5 heroes seems fun but it would be much better if heroes are controlled by different players. Making this SP will not be that good of a decision so this must be Multiplayer in my own opinion.

Items:
-I like that this will feature item recipe system but it would also be of a good addition if you are to also make items upgradable by either buying the recipe again or the hard way, crafting another same type of the item.

Terrain
-This looks cool (yes, I always say this) but it's better if you are to think of more original dungeon ideas or place ideas because what you have mentioned are too overused on RPGs now but that cant be avoided for every RPGs compose of that places so it would be much better if you are to make the layout somehow unique like a fiery dungeon where you have to walk into platforms and the platforms can fall into the lava and such...

Overall, I approve of this idea and looks cool for RPG based maps.

Level 6
UPDATED..

END GAME

- It has no end game because every version will add a new content that the player can play with.

- The player must gain as much progress as he can on the current version so in the next version he can do the content fastly and easily

- You can only finish all the game content if i won't add a new version anymore.

SAVE PROGRESS

- The player can save his progress so he can continue it on the new version. Warcraft Save/Load will not be used. It will use the CodeGen save/load

PLAYER'S PURPOSE IN PLAYING THE MAP

- To design epic combinations of heroes
- To slain different monsters and test their abilities and skills
- To discover new places
- To create epic items
- To win every places on impossible mode

BUT WHAT IF THIS ISN'T IDEA ANYMORE?.. and the basic system like the hero system and the dungeon types are done?.. oh..

Level 22
young-girls-oh-my-goodness.jpg

Level 21
I feel like every RPG should include the majority of these features, especially randomization. I myself don't include enough of it or see enough in RPG games. It can require a lot more work than something pre-made, pre-placed and pre-triggered.

So I suggest you (whoever is considering using these) work on each of these features in different test maps. Make sure you're capable of handling all of the triggering for each, and make sure you're aware of how difficult some of them can get when you have so much content to include. It's much easier to come up with ideas than it is to make them. But I do like the ideas you have which could easily give an RPG a unique edge over other repetitive RPGs out there.

One last note... You might want to include something along the lines of a point system to be your end-game instead of having it relying on you producing version after version to keep things interesting. Everyone loses interest in their projects over time and need breaks from the pressure of deadlines. A point system can go on forever and will be even more fun with a variety of achievements to unlock. Even something like a Six Feet Under or Back to the Grave achievement for dying a certain amount of times would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.