• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Monster EXP / Skills Requirement / Camera Angle / Sky ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
1.what do i change in gameplay constant so exp monster gives is the exact value?. reason : i made a trigger so the monster gives 6xp on death but it gives 23 instead and i cant find what to change for it to give 6xp... :S

2. is there a way i can make some skills requirement on other skillz?
...you know like if you want to learn fireball you need to have fireblast level 3 .

:)thanks for reading

Level 8
#1: Don't use a trigger, just edit the correct fields in Object Editor, I think.
#2: Yes. Make a trigger like this:
Events- Unit learns Fireball
Conditions- Level of fireblast for triggering unit less than 3
Actions- Set level of Fireball for triggering unit to 0

Level 6
that still sucks. allows user to make a mistake and fixes it without message.

abilities can depend on upgrades and units. so:
1) you make an upgrade called "Fireblast Level 3" (name is important because it will automatically be written in fireball spell's tooltip under requirements); spell will be grayed out until you have this upgrade...

2) you make a trigger that says:
  • Events
    • A unit learns a skill
  • Conditions
    • learned skill == fireblast
    • level of fireblast for learning hero == 3
  • Actions
    • Player - set level of (Fireblast Level 3) for owner of learning hero to 1
and that's it...

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

... unless you allow players to buy tome of retraining. in that case (since you can not unlearn upgrades) you have to use invisible unit as a requirement and when someone uses the tome of retraining to unlearn fireblast, you remove his requirement unit....

Level 2
thanks but thats for a unit that has already the skill in is list but i want to make it so that he cant LEARN it without having learned the other skill :S is that possible?!

Level 6
yes. just try what i said.
the high-level one one will be disabled until the requirements are met. like your ultimate is disabled when you're on level one - it is darkened and unclickable and yellow letters say "requires level 6"...

Level 9
just try what i said.
that doesn't work

dathugz, the better way is to create 2 version of your hero, first one without the fireball ability, and the second one with it; then, when the first one learn fireblast level 3, your replace it with the second and set its parametters (level, skill, position) to the same value as the first one's ones.

Level 2
the only probleme is that my map is an orpg so i cant really do that :S! and your thing worked prety well Edge the only probleme is that when the level requirements are met for the skill it becames learnable but when i learn it i cant use it until i have the other one. so thats kinda shitty XD cause i wanted the person to chose like 2 different ways...just say as an exemple the way of defense and the way of blade...so when he chose one of the 2 he can learn skillz that are different in each ways! yeah i know its kidna hard to understand but i cant find a better way to explain it xD!

Level 6
the only probleme is that my map is an orpg so i cant really do that :S! and your thing worked prety well Edge the only probleme is that when the level requirements are met for the skill it becames learnable but when i learn it i cant use it until i have the other one. so thats kinda shitty XD cause i wanted the person to chose like 2 different ways...just say as an exemple the way of defense and the way of blade...so when he chose one of the 2 he can learn skillz that are different in each ways! yeah i know its kidna hard to understand but i cant find a better way to explain it xD!

i see. i forgot that tech requirement makes ability uncastable, but still learnable. it worked fine for me though as i had conditions that changed on/off rather quickly, but i see that it doesn't quite work for you.

clearly, upgrades weren't made for hero abilities. still, a hybrid solution is possible, if you think it is worth it - you can enforce a level requirement as well (in adition to tech requirement) using engineering upgrade. it means you make a copy of fireball ability, set its level requirement to 10 or 20, and give that ability to hero instead of normal one; then, when hero learns level 3 fireblast, you add a version of engineering upgrade to the hero (which gives the hero normal fireball ability instead of a new copy); you also do the upgrade thing as before...

quite an imperfect solution and i don't thing it's worth it, but that is for you to decide. if you do that, remember to add the eng.upg. ability to the hero (made into a single-level unit-ability) and to disable it at map init so that its icon is invisible (trigger action is in the player section); it will still work.

is it you hero unique for each player?
as upgrades are on the player-level, it has to be (this won't be good if you can have two heroes of the same kind)
are fireblast and fireball triggered spells?
and does fireblast is required only for fireball?
ddoesn't matter.

Level 2
thanks alot for the help guys :) i found a cool way to put things up :)

• Taunt
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to |CFFCFAF96Taunt
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Current research level of Way of Defense for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Remove |CFFCFAF96Taunt from (Triggering unit)
          • Hero - Modify unspent skill points of (Triggering unit): Add 1 points
          • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) the text: You must first chos...

and ive put the skills at lvl2 so at lvl 1 you must chose one of the 2 ways :) and evryskills are unlearnable and its written the way to chose under it because of the upgrade requirement...and i made that when you chose one of the ways it adds the research lvl for the upgrade :)! simple but i wouldnt have tought about it without your help :)!

Level 9
edge[d1], i'm asking him questions because i have several ideas to solve his problem
why the hell do you answer me??? ("doesn't matter"???)

dathugz, only dathugz and no one else

YoshiRyu said:
is it your hero unique for each player?

are fireblast and fireball triggered spells?
and does fireblast is required only for fireball?

PS: your previous "solution" will sounds like a bug to the player

Level 2
ok lol so here are my answers

for the first question its no its not unique for each player more than 1 player can take this type of hero

second-no either its a normal abillity

and last one is no its required for more than one spell!

Level 9
ok, so that's easy:

• disable all fireball
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - disable fireball for (Player((Integer A)))
  • enable fireball
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit learn a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to fireblast
      • (Level of fireblast for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 3
    • Actions
      • Player - Enable fireball for (Owner of (Triggering unit))

Level 24
Solution: have a dummy ability to stand in for Fireball until the other one is learned, have that disabled in the second trigger.

Level 9
or add in the fireblast description "fireblast level 3 will allow your hero to learn fireball"

reading his messages, i think there is several heroes in his map, each why several skill way, so the "some spells require other spell" is a generic rule.
that's not different than any other map, there is particular rules that you discover by playing it (who know what is a TD before playing one?)
player will be surprised the first time he will see a skill appear, if he's still surprised the second time, he's stupid.

Level 2
ok i thought evrything was ok but another probleme came out -_-....

ok so i found out you can only assign 5 abillities to heroes -_- ...

so here's is what i want to do

i want the heroes to chose between 2 skills one called way of defense and the other called way of arms....when he chose way of defense he can now learn (on his next lvl ) skills that are all about defense and if he chose arms skills about damage....i would have made it yoshiryu way but i cant assign 12 skills to an hero so it doesnt work ... i tried a way where i could set that the hero learns the skills after he chose way of "whatever" but i couldnt do it im too nubish!

.....so any suggestion on how i could do that ?!

and it would be cool if it would be done in a way where you can use save and load code and it saves the abillities.

i know i ask alot ahahha but thanks for spending time on how i could solve that!

-is there a way i can lock the game camera to a certain angle and that pressing page up/pagedown/insert/delete wouldnt make it come back to default!

-is there a way to get the sky ingame to look like in the editor :S

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
ok i thought evrything was ok but another probleme came out -_-....

ok so i found out you can only assign 5 abillities to heroes -_- ...

so here's is what i want to do

i want the heroes to chose between 2 skills one called way of defense and the other called way of arms....when he chose way of defense he can now learn (on his next lvl ) skills that are all about defense and if he chose arms skills about damage....i would have made it yoshiryu way but i cant assign 12 skills to an hero so it doesnt work ... i tried a way where i could set that the hero learns the skills after he chose way of "whatever" but i couldnt do it im too nubish!

.....so any suggestion on how i could do that ?!
Lol... Thats easy Make an that spellbook item like abillity, if u click on it at ur abillitys then It opens new page then there could be Learned skills, (Btw U can give an Hero abillity learnable 5, But u can givethe hero too extra skills like Criticalstrike or wahteva!)

Level 24
-is there a way i can lock the game camera to a certain angle and that pressing page up/pagedown/insert/delete wouldnt make it come back to default!
You'd need to continually set a player's view to be at that angle.

-is there a way to get the sky ingame to look like in the editor :S
I believe under one of the map properties, you can set the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.