• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Monster Brawlers

Hi, I am new here, and this project is going to be my intro to this site. I am using my younger brother's account, because I see he has some reputation and friends here :D

1. News

Completely re-done the terrain;
Fixed the map;
Fixer a round system error/bug;
Fixed Shuriken bug.

2. Map in a nutshell
So, this is a fast-paced action arena. Cool-looking guys swinging blades around. All characters look the same and have the same skills.

3. Features
In this version of the map, there are the following features:
-One game mode (for now)
- Four unique skills -
- Advanced damage system -
- Backstab, Block and Parry -
- Custom Missile System -
- Throwables can collide in mid-air -
- Colored player names in game messages -
- Round and leaderboard system -

4. Details
So, what do you need to know to play this?

Most important thing is that basically everything is visual. There are no percent chances for something to happen or not. If you see your blade go trough your enemy, there is not even a slightest chance that some Evasion skill will save him: he will bleed. Sorry for the psycho explanation :)
This is how it works:
Q - Slash
Slashes enemies in front of you. It also deflects all missiles in its range. You can also use this skill to cut down shuriken flying towards you.
W - Defend
Defends from all frontal attacks. Doesn't block all damage, and has a limit on the max amount of damage it can block in total.
E - Dash
Plain and simple, teleport. It also makes you face the nearest enemy (if there are any) in the area that you teleport to.
R - Shuriken
Hurls four shuriken in the direction that you specify.

Your position matters.
Damage you do from behind is increased by 60%, and damage you do from the sides is increased by 20%. These attacks are also unblockable.

Hitting someone right in the face is hard.
Because of 2 things:
1. They can block it.
2. Slashing an enemy while he slashes you results in a parry.

5. Future plans

In the next update, I will make everything to match the description, along with a new terrain.

6. Credits
First off, I would like to thank Kitabatake for his perfect model of my main character. It has all the animations needed, and fits the theme perfectly.

Next on my thanks list are the amazing GUI coders:
Bribe, for his Unit Indexer, and for his Damage Engine;
hell gate, for his Jump system;
Paladon, for his Knockback system;
KhaosMachine, for his Stun system.

Now the modelers:
Red, for his excellent Katana model;
NewbieMapper, for BloodySplatt missile;
judash137 for the BlackBlink model.

And now finally, last but not the least, the 2D artist, icon-makers:
Ke'Thuzad, for Slash;
Blizzard Entertainment, for the Parry icon from WoW;

Keywords:
ninja, samurai, oriental, japan, japanese, china, east, war, combat, fight, brawl, struggle, blade, slash, block, dash, shuriken, awesome
Contents

Monster Brawlers (Map)

Reviews
17:33, 26th Jul 2013 Orcnet: map approved
Level 11
Yeah, that's a typo :/ And I can't seem to fix it

-Go into your editor
-Go To scenario at top of the editor
-Go to the Description tab.
-Under "Name" it should have the map name where you should be able to fix it.
Save the map and then use the update button on this page to update to the correct map.

I'm pretty sure that's where the map name that's displayed here comes from.