• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Drunken Brawler Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So, as the title may say...
I'm working on a few abilities based on Drunken Brawler...
Some are changed to have a certain chance to do Critical Strike and also provide a few % to Dodge, while one should have Dodge chance and a chance to do bonus damage, not Critical Strike multiplier...
It might sound odd but as the Bash ability has data fields for a Chance to Bash and Bonus Damage, Drunken Brawler has also the field called Bonus Damage with 0 value because of using the Critical Strike...
Can I make an ability to be based on Drunken Brawler with Dodge and a chance to do Bonus Damage not Critical Strike (if I set the multiplier to 0)?

Level 25
Drunken Brawler has:
Chance to dodge (by default 7/14/21%)
Chance to crit. hit (by default 10% for all levels)
Damage Bonus (by default 0)
Damage Multiplier (by default 2/3/4)

What you want is damage mutliplier as it multiplies the amount of damage done when critical hit occurs.
Bonus damage is an additional damage when you crit.

Basically, the equation when critical strike happens is:
( [Basic damage] * [Critical Strike Multiplier] ) + [Bonus Damage] = Final damage
So if your hero has level 3 Drunken Brawler and basic attack would do 48 damage, but that hit happens to be critical hit, it will be (48 * 4) + 0 => 192 damage.
If you had Bonus damage for level 3 set to 10, the final damage would be (48 * 4) + 10 => 202 damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.