1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Different Criticals work?

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by mecatronic, Jul 15, 2009.

1. mecatronic

mecatronic

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I know that someone probably asked this before, but I couldn't find it using the search tool.

It is known that the having multiple critical strike bug, and is also known that the damage displayed in red is not actually the damage dealt.

I know that the perfect way to solve this problem is to make every critical spell trigger-based, but I wan't to avoid that.

So, my question is, if a unit has Drunken Brawler AND critical strike (from an item), would they have the same bug?

2. Pharaoh_

Pharaoh_

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I just tested it; it doesn't bug. I tried giving Drunken Brawler 10x damage and 2x to Critical Strike. One hit dealt 350 damage and another for 54, so, it works normally + displays properly :)

3. mecatronic

mecatronic

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    now that you probably have it all set up, would you mind testing with two different Critical Strikes (not one of them being drunken brawler)?

4. SlayerII

SlayerII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thats exactly the same effect and it shows proprly.
    But cause the game tries to show 1 value for every crit it may look weird.if you have a 10 and a 2 with 10 dammage you may see 200 overwritten by 400 which is actually the right value. It doesnt matter where the crit came from.

5. mecatronic

mecatronic

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    that's my point, it's not the right value.

criticals don't stack properly, if you have more than one critical strike ability, only the last one will properly work, and the number displayed in red doesn't follow the damage dealt.

here's the proper explanation: