• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Monster Attack cinematic

This is a short cinematic that I made about a month ago. Since people seemed to enjoy it, I decided to post it here for anyone it might interest. The cinematic is about 3 minutes long. The story is very simple, it's about a giant monster attacking and destroying a fictional city.

All credits are at the end.
*There's a small bonus scene after the credits

Edit:Small update, thanks to CMarket for pointing out these two bugs.

Keywords:
Monster Attack, Destroyed City
Contents

Monster Attack cinematic (Map)

Reviews
04:03, 19th Jun 2008 Septimus: Good Point [+] No bug detected [+] Given credit to modeller and etc etc... [+] Had nice sound effect [+] Had good sense of humor (For me) Bad Point [-] 1 spelling error found. Overall - 5/5 Comment...

M

04:03, 19th Jun 2008
Septimus:

Good Point

[+] No bug detected
[+] Given credit to modeller and etc etc...
[+] Had nice sound effect
[+] Had good sense of humor (For me)

Bad Point

[-] 1 spelling error found.

Overall - 5/5

Comment : A good cinematic I must said, it is funny for me when the cameramen turn around only to found out he is gonna get gobble up by that monster... lol

Level 13
tunerband its easy... its just like importing skins but instead of units/creeps or something like that its like this TerrainArt\Cityscape\City_Roughdirt but if you wan't to import it on another tileset all you have to do is change Cityscape to ex. Ashenvale and the City to Ashen or so on kay thats done now for the cinematic The cinematic is too short make it longer seeing the monster was walking to the streets was good but you could've have used the units shadow instead of the monster itself but other than that its okay you gave credit to all the modelers so its 5/5

Level 6
Thanks again for all the support people. I might consider making either a sequel or another one of this kind although it won't be right now because I'm going away for 2 weeks and still have my horror cinematic to finish.

*To xxdingo93xx: To change the roll of a camera just create a camera then open the camera properties. Roll is the 7th option available and is actually called Roll. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "pitch angle". Is it Angle of Attack, like when you use the scrolling thingy on your mouse?

Level 17
Originally posted by Critters
*To xxdingo93xx: To change the roll of a camera just create a camera then open the camera properties. Roll is the 7th option available and is actually called Roll. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "pitch angle". Is it Angle of Attack, like when you use the scrolling thingy on your mouse?

I meant how did you change the roll and pitch angle from that building ^^ not cameras but units.

Level 14
I watched the cinematic and I must say it is quite good. It is rather short though, but it is a good short story nonetheless.

Two bugs you might fix: 1. When the news reporter "sees" the monster and starts running away it seems she is gently strolling down the road instead of running for her life. Maybe you should increase her speed?
2. When the helicopter is hit and starts crashing down you can see the end of the world at one point. It is only for a second but you should put a building there.

The thing I loved most was that it was situated in modern times, which is rather rare. Keep up the good work.

This was very disappointing... It was mainly just a use of a lot of custom models which the creator didn't make, and not really much effort actually put into the cinematic. It was far too short. The only thing I liked was the movement of the camera, that was very well done during the part where the cameraman dies, and where the helicopter is knocked down.
The excellent use of camera movement manages to get this a 4/5, despite the lack of many other elements.