• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Monopoly-Alike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Basics: Monopoly Guillotine (MG - just a random name so far) will be a monopoly-type game. WAIT! It won't be boring or too time-consuming I hope and not just a simple map. MG will be a player turn-based game where players obtain wealth and power through monopolization, but not exactly the same as the classic monopoly. 4 players + observers

* This is just a rough idea and I may just be rambling on because I am trying to think of ideas. It may be a little complex (for the way I want things to be) since I might not have the will power to do it all. So, if anyone wants to help, just leave a comment.

Features:
- Modes: (2 I can think of so far) are normal and random
In normal mode, players start off at the "GO" part of the board take turns rolling a die (I need a model for this). Players can buy land if landing on unowned property OR can take it by force. WHAT? Yes, players will also command mercenaries. With mercenaries, bought during the player's turn, player's board piece can place mercenaries onto their properties for protection, or keep some with them in order to take over land they acquire. So far, to keep the game within a time range, mercenaries probably won't actually fight, but instead win battles risk style. Individual mercenaries will fight the enemy, also rolling dice. If their die is higher than the enemy's, they beat the opponent's. So say I have 3 pieces and challenge a property with 2 pieces, I will have a higher change of overcoming them and take it over as long as the 3 can fully defeat the 2. Battles must end in victory or defeat, no retreating. Well, what else will be new? Well so far, that might be it. But maybe "GO" (players receive less from passing/even less from landing on) and "FREE Parking" (not so free anymore) and "Police/Jail" (get to keep players inside longer/make them pay more) may be taken also temporarily? The multiboard should also show the properties and their owners(using icons), and player resources etc.
In random mode, it will just be like normal mode except players start with 7 random properties, paying 10% of the randomed properties' cost to keep it balanced.

What if players get bored? The game can either be played using the mutliboard (arrow keys to move through options): trading, buying, attacking, whatnot + showing all necessary information (hope there is room) or just like regular WC3. But there will also be things players can do (not on the multiboard) like casting eye-candy spells that would usually look like it would destroy continents if it actually had an effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.