• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mok'Nathal Warrior (3 variations)

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
3 variations of Mok'Nathal warrior I've made from grunt model base. I stretched the base model of the grunt to make a larger body to feel the genetics of the ogre. Finally I used to asset s from both ogres and orcs culture since Mok'Nathal is the offspring of these two barbaric cultures.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lore :

The mok'nathal are half-ogre, half-orc hybrids once enslaved by Bladespire ogres. The mok'nathal formed the bulk of the Bladespire army that rampaged across Frostfire, seizing many tracts of resource-rich land.

The united Frostwolf and Whiteclaw army fought the Bladespire and managed to capture a number of mok'nathal, including their elder Leoroxx. Garad, chieftain of the Frostwolf was surprised to learn that Leoroxx and the other mok'nathal were not willing servants but slaves. Him and Leoroxx came to an agreement to help each other destroy the Bladespire clan forever. The Battle of Bladespire dragged on for a full bloody day before the orcs and mok'nathal drove the ogres out. In the heart of the fortress, Leoroxx strangled Imperator Kelgrok with the chains he had worn for so much of his life.

Afterward, Garad offered Leoroxx and his people land in Frostfire, but Leoroxx declined because he knew the half-breeds would never truly be accepted by the orcs. The mok'nathal settled in a remote corner of Gorgrond. Resources were scarce, but they were able to live in peace.

Since Draenor destruction due to Nerz'hul magics, their last remaining settlement is Mok'Nathal Village in the eastern area of the Blade's Edge Mountains.
Previews
Contents

Icons (Icon)

Mok'Nathal Warrior (1st variation) (Model)

Mok'Nathal Warrior (2nd variation) (Model)

Mok'Nathal Warrior (3rd variation) (Model)

Mok'Nathal Warrior portrait (1st variation) (Model)

Mok'Nathal Warrior portrait (2nd variation) (Model)

Mok'Nathal Warrior portrait (3rd variation) (Model)

Level 12
Great models. The colour of the Grunt straps is too out of place. That orange sticks out like a sore thumb compared to their overall brownish ensemble.

And you made very good job) Did You use grunt as base? They need something like a raider on clefthoof)

I did use grunt as base. And I think you're right ; they need some raider but since Mok'Nathal are huge creature they only can ride beasts like Clefthooves which seems to be difficult to create from reforged model. I've some ideas though... we'll see if I can realized them when I'll have improve myself.

Level 18
3 for 1 heh? Following my previous statement about Mok'Nathal Shaman, this is also a great addition for the custom based orc roster.

It was quiet for a while in terms of models upload and we get a bunch of fantastic ones in a row.

Thank you very much, keep up the good work!

EDIT: I'm interested to see how you're going to implement the "grunt" variation in your campaign. Using the "reforged skin" feature or not?

Level 4
3 for 1 heh? Following my previous statement about Mok'Nathal Shaman, this is also a great addition for the custom based orc roster.
EDIT: I'm interested to see how you're going to implement the "grunt" variation in your campaign. Using the "reforged skin" feature or not?
In what sense do you speak to create variations of Grunts?
In retreined models with different Skins?

Level 18
Reforged offers a "Skin" feature which is different from "Skin Texture".

You can tell a unit that it has another "Skin" (the skin of another unit) and it automatically modifies all the cosmetic of that unit (but not gameplay, cosmetic such as sounds, icon, models, arts, size etc.).

Level 4
Reforged offers a "Skin" feature which is different from "Skin Texture".
You can tell a unit that it has another "Skin" (the skin of another unit) and it automatically modifies all the cosmetic of that unit (but not gameplay, cosmetic such as sounds, icon, models, arts, size etc.).
I understand, but then he modifies the unit's default skin, doesn't he create a random skin for it? In the sense that you create a unit and alternately it can come with Skin 1 or Skin 2.
I say like in the UnitUI style of data, that you can add Random sounds to the units.
Wlarius,
Maybe because he is a little more angry than the others ... joking lol
Good observation, perhaps the author has tampered with facial bones, inadvertently..

I can see their portraits in game, but for some reason their mouths don't move when they talk. The shaman and all your previous grunts do.

Yeah editing facial bones massively screws up for some reason so if you edit the face the only solution atm is to get rid of the facial anims.

Level 4
Using programs other than RMS comes with its own problems :)
I don't trust too much Bro, Retera has already confirmed having a series of major compatibility conflicts with the new models.
And as for other platforms like Autodesk, there are already plugins editing HD models practice and without any flaws. In addition to using three-dimensional vertex navigation (which facilitates facial editing). However, RMS every day is surpassing itself more.

Last edited:
Level 2
I did use grunt as base. And I think you're right ; they need some raider but since Mok'Nathal are huge creature they only can ride beasts like Clefthooves which seems to be difficult to create from Reforged model. I've some ideas though... we'll see if I can realized them when I'll have improve myself.
Are there green versions? I would love to use them as orcs, they add awesome variety possibilities for RPG maps in which there are many orcs! Please, can they be made green somehow?
You did a great job, thanks for the models 😊👍

EDIT: I just tried the texture (just renamed it to the Mok´Nathal texture path) from your other model (Shadowmoon Grunt): Shadowmoon Grunt
and it looks really good, just the feet are brownish (maybe a lil´ change could be useful 😊)
I´m making an Orc map, that´s why I need those units so desperately
Am I able to use this when crediting you? Greetings.

Last edited: